dirty denim

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this will be my first building have posted so go easy on me. It started life as repco Santa Cruz. I'm am sort of going with a board track /Cafe racer style rat

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I have dimple died the tank. Still undecided if I like the seat set up and some tweaking to do on the bars to get the angles I want. Probably not going to be the most comfortable bike to ride but if it comes out how it is in my head it will look hot as

I'm thinking covering the seat in some ratty frayed denmin from some of the missus old jeans or going a different way and shaping a complete sheet metal seat flowing from the frame to over the back wheel

Was hoping to get some welding done today but bad luck have it my welder died. after seeing the pics of brown bobber I think I might cut the seat post out and lay it back to get the look im going for

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk

Not good when the welder dies out on you... What type of welder? Stick welders are far easier and cheaper to replace than a good MIG or TIG set up...
The brown bobber is a cool build, certainly one that has some cool ideas that can be incorporated, built by another Aussie too!

Luke.

Was just a cheap w3ldmate gasless mig has been playing up for a while but I got it for free so no great loss. Got the inverter stick there to get me through till I canmsneak a new one past the missus

Looking good mate it's it coming.
Loving the cafe racer look.
You going to put some Bent springer forks on her ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about forks yet I have never been a big fan of springers but this does have the right stance for it. Will see how it evolves through the build

Im a bit concerned with the strenght now with seat post removed by no means is it flimsy just not sure about long term use. And after doing the seat post the down low bars arent really doing it for me now gut it could be just because imahve been staring at it for half an hour trying to decide if I like them or not

Last edited:
Just a quick question am I able to change the title of my thread I tried to do it in edit but it would not let me cheers in advance lads

Looking really cool,with the seat position it all depends on looks v's rideability,for looks I would have a skinny seat just in front of rear wheel but for rideability I would go with a banana or slimmed down mk 1/2 chopper seat with strut support(looks better than sissy bars)just above the seat

Just a quick question am I able to change the title of my thread I tried to do it in edit but it would not let me cheers in advance lads

At the top of the thread you will see a tab marked "Thread tools" it is in there.

Luke.

Not much progress in the last couple of days due to 14 hour work days. But I did do a bit of "picking around the maintenance dumping ground and found some pretty cool old valves and miscellaneous metal pieces and such that could be some cool additions to another rat build beat thing about a tidy work shop and a messy storage shed the missus never notices when I bring new junk in (her words not mine)

If it can rust let it

One day out from bonine had to keep the creative juices flowing so had a play around with Dirty denim. Bit of a change of direction or maybe a upturn but going back to the more Low rider style just moved up at the moment have to make new drop outs to get it nice and close to the ground. And make a new goose neck. But of course it won't have all shinny bits, gold chains and church bells hanging off it like other lowriders viva la rat

If it can rust let it

Back