Dirt Rod,..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been collectin and buildin BMX bikes through the years and I've had this Ocean Pacific cruiser for about a year now, decided to modd er up a bit, it does have an aluminum frame and is actually pretty lite to be a huge bike, love an old school dirt bike lookin hot rod style bike, Just installed a chrome Redline 175mm Monster crankset in it tonight, just happened to have a 40t Redline race sprocket which is the same number of teeth that was on the one piece cranks, so far I have WTB Velociraptor tires, Snafu Race Cruiser bars and stem, WTB seat, Kalin layback seat post, AME grips and the Redline crankset, super stoked with it, has to be the best riding bike I have ever owned, so comfortable, really liking it and thought I would share with you guys, I've already been tearing the web and local sites apart looking for an old phantom or Columbia to do a full custom paint build on,... for cheap that is. :D What bike was it that Pee Wee Herman rode in the movie? That thing is NICEEEEE :mrgreen: Well heres a couple pics, sorry for the lame messy garage pics, but tell me what you think.

SGW-100CASIO635.jpg

SGW-100CASIO636.jpg

SGW-100CASIO638.jpg

SGW-100CASIO639.jpg

As an old BMXer, I'm diggin this thing! Is it easy to throw around? I could see myself putting some more urban tires on it and terrorizing the neighbors.

Thanks, yea, super fun to ride and really comfy for a bigger guy, i'm 6 foot around 215. Thats about all ive done is bomb the neighborhood with it, Been thinking about putting those nice wide Kenda street tires on there and see how it looks, may pick a set up this weekend at my LBS.

looks good,
i've been thinkering on a project of that kind, your build gives me ideas

tartosuc said:
looks good,
i've been thinkering on a project of that kind, your build gives me ideas

Thanks, wanting to do a kind of cafe racer next with an older schwinn styled frame, will definately keep this one as is with the exception of maybe some old style scallops painted on the front section of top and down tube, haven't completely decided what yet though.

Latest posts

Back