Dirt Rats

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ah the combination of flat black, red and mud I love it. These are my mountain rigs, although there aren't any mountains near me so I guess they are my trail and jump rigs.

This is what a 1999 Haro MX3 originally looked like.
1999_Haro_Extreme_MX3-bikes1.jpg

This is how I built it up.
1.jpg

The frame was powder coated when I got it. I sanded the shine to a dull and blasted it with some Krylon flat black. The paint has held up super well to a full season of abuse the only scratches in is are where the cables rub. This fork was to big though.
2.jpg

I got a Jr. T fork and rode it like this for the '07 season. The main problem with it was the chain would skip off and I would mash my knees off the top crown when climbing hills.
3.jpg

I got a chainguide and a single crown fork for this season and can't wait to ride!
4.jpg

My Dirt jump bike.
5.jpg

My new Build. The too long fork found a new home and some fresh paint. 8" travel front and back. I am looking forward to finishing this one.
6.jpg

Sick! You're gonna have fun on that Azonic, I know some people who own and have ridden Azonic. They say that the bike just makes you want to go faster!!! It just handles the mountain really well. Hittin drops, shootin out of corners, Have Fun building that one! By the way, do you have like a huge stash of DoubleTrack wheels!?

Thanks! Thats just making me want to build it faster! I do seem to have a lot of Double Track wheels I found some really good deals on Ebay for them so I snatched up a few sets of them. The Azonic will be getting an Azonic Outlaw wheelset in the next month or two. I can't wait to get it rolling.

Dirt Rats - Eliminator Complete

I finally got the Azonic completed. Got to take it to my parents house a week ago to learn how to do some ladder drops and build some trails. This thing is heavy but point it downhill and it eats everything in it's path with ease. Two future upgrades will be some new tires and some black guide wheels cause I'm not to keen on the Yeti turquoise.

DSC09982.jpg

DSC00007-1.jpg

DSC00015-1.jpg

Back