Did I turn down a good bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Went to the "big" Argyle auction up here today and found a black 62 straight bar Typhoon. It was rough, had the wrong seat and needed tires, but it was strait and complete. Paint woulda cleaned up nice even on the wheels. It even had a high-low beam headlight+generator. I bid up to 75 bucks and backed out. Since it's a one year only bike should I have kept at it?

~Ron~

Any old Schwinn is a good Schwinn and those are definitely unique compared to your everyday middleweights. 75$ is about where I would have backed out too unless I was on a mission to get one. We all have ghosts of the one that got away, but this isn't one to lose sleep over.

I agree. If there was something about a '62 Tornado where you had to have it, you'd have known it beforehand and bid accordingly. It's a cool bike regardless, and I can see how you might regret it, but in reality, it's no biggie.

Funny, at one time that bike would have commanded $200.00 at an auction!
But to flog a dead horse with money again, you did right!

Don't contribute to any older bikes overpricing! :)

"$300.00 for schwinn bikes, freakin crazy!"
A quote from an old man at the last auction I went to.

Thanks guys, now I don't feel as bad about it. Especially since the Ann arbor swap is next weekend. I might find a cool project there.

~Ron~

Back