diamondbacks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright you old scool bmx junkies
who made diamond backs
where they there own or did huffy make em?

aka_locojoe,

I think the point was they got more or less accidently into the bike biz by re-branding Raleighs, years later Derby Bike Group bought Raleigh then a year or 2 later bought Diamondback, sort of full circle(Huffy made American Raleighs for awhile so there is a connection there also from the original post). Derby is the parent of many bike brands, more than Dorel that has Schwinn, Gt, Mongoose, Pacific and now Cannondale

just wannderin

my aunt and uncel bought my cousin a diambond back somewhere between 1982 and 1985
he is now in his 30's with kids and i was wonderin with this recent bmx craze what thestory was on the bike
thanks guys

socal_jack said:
aka_locojoe,

I think the point was they got more or less accidently into the bike biz by re-branding Raleighs, years later Derby Bike Group bought Raleigh then a year or 2 later bought Diamondback, sort of full circle(Huffy made American Raleighs for awhile so there is a connection there also from the original post). Derby is the parent of many bike brands, more than Dorel that has Schwinn, Gt, Mongoose, Pacific and now Cannondale

Thanks.

Got curious about what happened to Derby, turns out they went Bankrupt in 2001, management bought them out and renamed it Raleigh again, then they stopped using the other "lesser" brand names like Nishiki and Univega and just stuck to the Raleigh and Diamondback brands. Moved all production to the Far East shortly after.

Makes me love my old 'Looptail' even more! And I guess my Univega is now vintage! :roll: :lol:
L8 EM

Back