Diamond Frame Fest

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought at one time I saw a thread like this before but I could not find it so here goes.

I will start off....

My 1967 Racer

064.jpg

066.jpg

068.jpg

Lets See Um!

Jon

Lil' rat rod said:
I thought at one time I saw a thread like this before but I could not find it so here goes.

I will start off....

My 1967 Racer

064.jpg

066.jpg

068.jpg

Lets See Um!

Jon
that-is-sweet!!! 8)
howzit look without the fenders??? :mrgreen:

KOTA said:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Thanks, but I would like to see all of the diamonds not just the ones in the build off.

And I had it fenderless and for awhile but the look never really appealed to me so i threw them back on.

Jon

Yours has the same chain ring as my Old Hercules.

Here's my Hercules 10 speed, my pride and joy today. I think it's a 1965-69 model.

eki7b7.jpg

I'm not entirely sure on the year of mine. I talked to my dad and he said the guy I got it from would have put "this and that" on the bike to make it look how he wanted, so I'm still pretty sure its a hercules, but the chainguard is wrong, and the rear S/A hub is a 1955, so who knows. It was a rat before I had it.

I love the chainring on your bike BTW :D

Mine is a 1950-1953? Indian Scout. I originally purchased it to restore and put on display at the local Indian Dealership. The deal fell thru so I fixed it up for myself and turned it into my daily rider. Not sure of the exact year but from what research I have done it appears to have been built by Phillips sometime before 1953.

It was kinda rough, the wheels and hubs were shot, bottom bracket was crunchy, forks wobbled, etc. This is what it looked like when I got it...
indian1-1.jpg

gravity4.jpg

I tore it down and took it to bare metal, repainted maroon and cream with my very first attempt at pinstriping, I also hand lettered the Indian script with one shot. I rebuilt the bottom bracket with new bearings, same for the headset, straightened up the steer tube since it had a kink, installed a set of 700c rims off a Raleigh, relaced the rear to hold a Comet single speed coaster. The stem is original? Many thanks to Alan and gang at Tom Sawyer's bike shop in Wichita, ks. He fixed me up with al the parts I needed. Right now I have a Persons saddle on there, and Im on the lookout for a Brooks or similar to complete it.

001-7.jpg

And I desperately need to get more pics of this bike, I have been too busy riding it though :D it rides so smooth and quiet, and fast!
IMG_1500.jpg

006-6.jpg

005-6.jpg

My 1971 Murray, first new bike I ever bought
100_1459.jpg

1970's Huffy Scout, flipped last summer after saving from the scrap man
100_1692.jpg

Early 80's Lotus Legend, resurrected from the dead, now the proud property of my nephew
LotusLegend2.jpg

1973 Raleigh Sprite, currently apart being restored/ updated
russraleigh8.jpg

2010 Windsor Wellington, my son's welcome home present for returning from Iraq...for good!
WindsorWellington10.jpg

Markm said:
'51 Schwinn inspired by Hooch...
100_1393.jpg

100_1395.jpg

100_1357.jpg

Still one of my favorites on here.............maybe someday mine will be like that :mrgreen:

Back