Diamond Chain

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doe's anyone remember Diamond Chain? Are they still made? Were they bought out or absorbed into a larger company? I'd like to get one if at all possible.

Thanks!

Wow, they have a distributor near me, it looks like you can get a 10 foot strand of 1" pitch (skiptooth) chain for $34. Going to have to look into that. Hopefully goodbye to messing with old rusty ones or shelling out $60+ for one on ebay!!!

So the question is what is the roller width of skip tooth chain? Is it one of the three available width's 5/16, 1/4 or 3/16? Then, If the whole chain is half inch pitch will it matter that every other link is not 1 inch? My brain is fading without an actual one in front of me. What do you think?

PS - They also make stainless steel chain in thos sizes! 8)

yeshoney said:
So the question is what is the roller width of skip tooth chain? Is it one of the three available width's 5/16, 1/4 or 3/16? Then, If the whole chain is half inch pitch will it matter that every other link is not 1 inch? My brain is fading without an actual one in front of me. What do you think?

PS - They also make stainless steel chain in thos sizes! 8)

The diagram on the dist. site I saw *looks* right, I'm going to take in a piece of skiptooth chain and compare it. If it looks the same, I'll start cutting off sections, putting them in bubble envelopes and passing them out in the classifeds section for cost.

$34 / 10 feet would probably mean roughly $10/or so a chain shipped I hope.

yeshoney said:

3/16" http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-DIAMOND-SKIP-TO ... dZViewItem
eb110.JPG

skoda said:
Wow, they have a distributor near me, it looks like you can get a 10 foot strand of 1" pitch (skiptooth) chain for $34. Going to have to look into that. Hopefully goodbye to messing with old rusty ones or shelling out $60+ for one on ebay!!!
I looked through the catalog and could not find any skip link chain :?: :?: I did find 1" pitch chain, but it is size 80 (really big 5/8" roller width vs. 3/16").
Did you find that info on the website?

Yes, I got it on the website. I downloaded the catalog and looked through it noting every instance of 1/2" pitch and the accompanying roller width.

Joe

yeshoney said:
Yes, I got it on the website. I downloaded the catalog and looked through it noting every instance of 1/2" pitch and the accompanying roller width.

Joe

They list several catalogs, which did you download?

Did anybody ever buy any of this skip tooth chain? I went to my local bearing store and looked through their Diamond chain catalog and couldn't find anything :?:

2manybikes said:
Did anybody ever buy any of this skip tooth chain? I went to my local bearing store and looked through their Diamond chain catalog and couldn't find anything :?:
i tried my local ones also and no luck..........diamond doesnt make them at all anymore :x
they call the diamond company direct and everywhere within 100 miles of here........oh well

Back