DETROIT BIKES..NOW INCLUDING WIFE's BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DETROIT BIKES.

Love this shot right here... :D

IMG_4175_zpsb1d043c8.jpg

Very, very cool pair of builds. 8)

The Ernie Harwell plate brings back memories of growing up in Detroit during the '60's....this was before A/C and everyone always had their home and car windows open during the summer....during a Tiger game seemingly all radios were tuned to the game and the voice of Mr. Harwell was heard wherever you went.

sleepy said:

The Ernie Harwell plate brings back memories of growing up in Detroit during the '60's....this was before A/C and everyone always had their home and car windows open during the summer....during a Tiger game seemingly all radios were tuned to the game and the voice of Mr. Harwell was heard wherever you went.

I live in Arizona now..originally from flint mi. Even though flint is now a disaster growing up there was quite fun. Everyone used to hang out in the streets playing ball while the tigers game was broadcasted out the windows. We had pick up games everyday at the fields. Very few fights...just good fun. And I miss the people in Michigan. Arizona is very unfriendly and cold even though the temps are hot. I wanted to bring some Detroit back to my life with these bikes

naturephotoboy3 said:
sleepy said:

I live in Arizona now..originally from flint mi. Even though flint is now a disaster growing up there was quite fun. Everyone used to hang out in the streets playing ball while the tigers game was broadcasted out the windows. We had pick up games everyday at the fields. Very few fights...just good fun. And I miss the people in Michigan. Arizona is very unfriendly and cold even though the temps are hot. I wanted to bring some Detroit back to my life with these bikes
Learn spanish and Arizona is real friendly!

mikeeebikey said:
naturephotoboy3 said:
sleepy said:

Learn spanish and Arizona is real friendly!

Yeeea..not likely i will do that. Arizona is an awesome place to live. The scenery here is amazing..weather is perfect...and a bunch of things to do. And it's very weird how mean people are..everyone is from somewhere else..so what happened when they moved here?? :shock:

Still the only place i would live otehr than San Diego.

RANDYG83 said:
these bikes look great good job represent Detroit proud with these

yea man..love where i come from..just wish it had more to offer as far as work. Miss the REAL people of the world back there. These people out here are so fake it makes you sick. Im building my wifes DETROIT BIKE right now. should be done as soon as the powder coater can get me my stuff back. Only been 3 weeks for a frame

I'm in the process of making a D bike for my wife. Waiting not so patiently for the frame to come back from powder coating. Been a month as of Monday. A month? Kinda crazy. And the guy is next door to me at work. So I was going to recommend him..but a month is a bit ridiculous for a frame and forks. I'd say 3 days tops.

noodlenoggin said:
Love to see some Michigan love. We moved to Florida from there, and feel the same way -- nice looking place, but the people are all nasty and from somewhere else. We're looking to move back, actually.

Isn't it weird how you move from some place like the Detroit area that is so violent..the people are awesome..yet living in paradise like Arizona everyone is a total whole.? Not sure what happens but it's almost like a mandatory thing that once you cross into Arizona your attitude changes. I think it has to do with the "want to be Hollywood" syndrome. I love Arizona for the scenery..but
you can have the people.

naturephotoboy3 said:
noodlenoggin said:
Love to see some Michigan love. We moved to Florida from there, and feel the same way -- nice looking place, but the people are all nasty and from somewhere else. We're looking to move back, actually.

Isn't it weird how you move from some place like the Detroit area that is so violent..the people are awesome..yet living in paradise like Arizona everyone is a total ahole.? Not sure what happens but it's almost like a mandatory thing that once you cross into Arizona your attitude changes. I think it has to do with the "want to be Hollywood" syndrome. I love Arizona for the scenery..but
you can have the people.

So I finally got my wife's DETROIT bike done today. After only 7 weeks of waiting for the powder coater to decide to do my frame...i actually was able to build it today. So now we have a family DETROIT BIKE CLUB in Arizona. All 3 of us. Probably the biggest bicycle club in Arizona i would think. Is there such a thing in Arizona?? A bike club that actually RIDES???

Still looking for that DETROIT License plate for my son's bike. Does anyone have one besides the nameless member on here that wont sell it to me or respond to my message's ??? Looking for a small plate for the kids bike..ANYONE???

Latest posts

Back