Deluxe 6 racer RRB6 winner revisited

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
image.jpeg
So I recently came across this build thread for petroheads deluxe 6 Monark 5 bar rat racer that won RRB #6.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/1935-monark-5-bar-deluxe-6-rat-racer.42805/

Awesome bike, I was searching through old thread because I'm building up a 5 bar myself. I happend to notice that petrohead is located in the same city I'm in. Pretty crazy. Unfortunately it doesn't look like he frequents RRB much anymore so I couldn't get in contact with him.

I was talking with kingfish about this build earlier this week and kingfish was telling me about the great work petrohead does. But didn't have anyway to get ahold of him.

So I'm at a local swap and bike show this morning and sure enough I come across the bike. Petrohead(Jason) had brought some bikes to sell and a couple just to show. So I was able to take spin on the 5 bar and talk bikes. super cool dude, great bike. Just figured I'd share this with you all.

Last edited:
You should edit you post so that the pic is Full Size

That's too cool. Always loved that bike. It's great to see that it is holding up so well after almost 5 years. @Petrolhead is a cool dude. He even helped me out by creating the Flex-Liner 7 graphics I used for BO7

Flex-Liner-7.jpg

You should edit you post so that the pic is Full Size

That's too cool. Always loved that bike. It's great to see that it is holding up so well after almost 5 years. @Petrolhead is a cool dude. He even helped me out by creating the Flex-Liner 7 graphics I used for BO7

View attachment 20867
I'm not too sure how to make the pics bigger. On my phone if you click on it, it makes it larger

When you upload a file, you can select thumbnail or full size.
If you edit am existing post, you can select more options and then select full image there

Ok, so I just want to put in my opinion here.
Deluxe 6, without a doubt my favorite seat work.
Flexy, my favorite build. And yes KF; one day I'll borrow (steal) the suspension plan for a build.

All of that out of the way, D6 is a great build. I love looking through the old build offs, before the anything goes deal.

Don't get me wrong, I love anything goes, but the rule of no frame mods was great. So much creativity on those.

Back