"Dead Sled" '49 Mercury model by Redd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100_5901_zpsa27f1a0a.jpg

Thanks dude! The skeletons are just plastic Halloween decorations from the drug store. 8)

Well... I actually just made it appear as a hearse...it's really a sedan delivery---the Revell-Monogram "Streetfighter" kit (re-issued "Bad Actor" kit). I also have the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 '59 Miller Meteor that I made into a hearse as well, but that one is done up real nice. I even sprayed some flames on the sides by making a stencil. I'll show more models later on sometime. Glad you like them! 8)

I dunno... I've had several of these kits over the years, all three variations of it (the original-Bad Actor, second release Bad Man and the Streetfighter) and were always molded in white. But who knows, maybe some were molded in color. I also used to have the Johnny Lightning car oddly named "Bad News". Wish I still had that! :(

Redd said:
cledry said:
Nice work on the car. Need a bit more DOF on the photos though.
I'm still quite new at photography. :mrgreen:

Smaller aperture, higher f number equals more depth of field. Very important in closeup photography. Most point and shoot cameras with their small sensors have a lot of depth of field without trying, but as the camera sensor or negative size increases so does the issue with controlling depth of field.

An advance method is to take many photos at different focus points and combine them. Some guys on one of my Flickr groups will combine 100 or more shots to take a photo of a spider! However the results are spectacular. Just look at this one of a jumping spider!

8396513204_538c4e6856_o.jpg

Cool spider! Yeah I'm not really into photography... As long as the general idea is there, u get the picture (no pun..) I just like paintin' pics & buildin' some bikes! Come on Spring!!! 8)

Latest posts

Back