Darnell's Garage-Christine movie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darnell's

Steve gave me a Very Stern PM talking to...It was sorta about like THAT ^

I Respect the BOSS MAN

Thank-You Steve for not tossin' me off of here.

I Love This Place!

How did I miss this, the last video is gone because of copyright which makes no sense espicially when copyright is for people not to make money off of someone.

Yeah, beautiful Sand Dune white in 57 & Buckskin Baige for 58 but the rarest part of these cars is if you find a 58 350 Golden Commando or if it still has the Bendix fuel injection in the trunk because it's not usable which why they were taken out and I have only seen one Forward Look Mopar ever that had one with it.

And from everyone I know that has a love for the movie and the cars it is a real obsession just like everyones obsession here about bicycles.

I think Christines headlights were KC Daylighters.

I used them as high beams on my '74 Fury police car.

They were about 300,000 candlepower each.

(they fit perfectly in that hi-beam hole)

The storys I can tell ya about them!

I got a story of my own about headlights.

Back when my stepdad was a janitor, he was leaving late at night. About 11:00 ormidnight and there was one other car in the parking lot...far off in the distance. The car was fogged up and starting to rock a little. He got in his car and creeping up, slowly, then whne he got really close...he flipped on his headlights! HIGHBEAMS!

Needless to say, the couple was quickly speeding out of there!

It was kinda like this Christmas scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ar-__ub0rc

Wait a minuite...THAT was Me and Barb in my Dart Swinger in Steinert H.S. parking lot foggin' the windows.

I love that movie too, to me it's the best of the Vacation films.

Some of the members of the car club I'm in met John Carpenter, Keith Gordon, John Stockwell Alexandra Paul & William Ostrander and the cast got to see one of the actual movie cars which is the one that killed the Camaro, she is owned by a friend at the car club Bill Gibson.

Yes I do and some of the guys that were there were truely shocked by what had happened to her, if I could change any history of cars then I would make sure they would have done everything better than they did to make sure it survived but we are still surprised it even looked like the way it was because when not treated right these beautiful cars would really rust badly.

I was hoping she would come out beautiful to show people today how great these cars were brand new, the original site is gone but there are pics that can be seen of it.
http://www.forwardlook.net/19571958Plym ... ntdown.asp

I was on the MOPAR site back in '07...

The thread about the Tulsa Plymouth was forever long with everybody hoping/expecting it to emerge in perfect condition...

...Except one guy...

He was a real grave digger at a cemetary...and predicted early that that concrete tomb would be filled with water.

I know, there is always one peson like that no matter where you go.

I first read about it in the early 90's in that Plymouth 1946-1959 book which what that link used, I got because of it was the only book I saw with real pictures of 1958 Plymouths & Christine and Plymouth Central was one of the first sites I ever went to online which is where i met the surviving movie cars at.

Yes I did but thankfully a lot of the usable parts made it out along with some of the props in them including the light setup for the drive inn scene which one part of it was on ebay years ago.

Have seen the movie crew jackets, one or two people I know actually have one?

This is a Murray pedal car made into Christine made by a friend that she did years ago.
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com/t1 ... -pedal-car

The other sad fact about the Tulsa Plymouth is...

Boyd and his monkey boy Dwayne got thier hands on it first.

Back