daily ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is a cheap aluminum frame i got from a police auction for 10 bucks last year. It's rolling on bontrager hanks 26x2.2, a bontrager seat, dual cateye lights up front and i put two red led's in the seat post that are wired to two 9v and controlled by a toggle switch under the seat, and has shimano spd pedals. hope you like.

HPIM0321.jpg

HPIM0322.jpg

HPIM0324.jpg

Speed2XS said:
I like what you did with the led in the seat post. How bright are they? would be cool if they blinked too.

they are pretty bright with the two nine volts as long as there in series with eachother

bicycleguy said:
Did you grind off every other tooth on the outer chain ring?

no i didn't, after looking at the photos and then at the bike..it just so happens that every other tooth has dirt on it.

Very cool and tough looking bike, nice looking tires as well 8)

How are the leds attached to the seatpost, are they glued in there ? I like it a lot, great idea !
You might want to replace the quick release fastener of the seatpost with a bolt & nut though, imho the seat is too easily stolen this way...or at least it would be where I live.

Ace said:
Very cool and tough looking bike, nice looking tires as well 8)

How are the leds attached to the seatpost, are they glued in there ? I like it a lot, great idea !
You might want to replace the quick release fastener of the seatpost with a bolt & nut though, imho the seat is too easily stolen this way...or at least it would be where I live.

i drilled the holes in the seat post for the leds then put glue around the edge to hold them in since i couldn't get the nut on the back side.

Back