BO15 Cyrus the Virus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing looks like a weapon!

I too dislike finish, and particularly prep, work

I wind up leaving many of my bikes "calico" -besides
That way you can see the joined parts more easily, it exposes the process

this is an ambitious project and looks great!

This thing looks like a weapon!

I too dislike finish, and particularly prep, work

I wind up leaving many of my bikes "calico" -besides
That way you can see the joined parts more easily, it exposes the process

this is an ambitious project and looks great!
You're right. It looks some kind of Klingon battle weapon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

That's not my paint room, that's the spray booth where I work part-time. I do have use of it, plus the knowledge of two great body men that I'm lucky to work with.

I agree with the weapon thing, I've been stabbed and jabbed many times while working on it.

As for the tedious body work and detail work, it is annoying at times, but well worth the effort. When you're done, and can stand back and say "Yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I built that!" Plus, someone has to fly the flag for smooth and shiny. :21:

Last edited:
That's not my paint room, that's the spray booth where I work part-time. I do have use of it, plus the knowledge of two great body men that I'm lucky to work with.

I agree with the weapon thing, I've been stabbed and jabbed many times while working on it.

As for the tedious body work and detail work, it is annoying at times, but well worth the effort. When you're done, and can stand back and say "Yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I built that!" Plus, someone has to fly the flag for smooth and shiny. :21:
:blush:
**cough cough**

Sounds like you found some good weed! :21:

flag flying smoothandshiny.gif

I've got the fenders and tank primed today (sorry, I forgot to take pics). Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish up the bodywork on everything and give it the final coat of primer.

I'll also be trying a new line of paint for mixing my candies, pearls and flake. From what I've read it will allow my to work on my time schedule, not the paints re-coat time. I'll also be using their clear which I've read nothing but good things about. The best part, it's much cheaper than any of the "name brand" paints.

Boy did I manage to screw up a simple white paintjob, it was a comedy of errors! First, somehow the white came out looking exactly like House of Kolor Limetime Pearl. OK, maybe it's the lighting in the booth giving it a tint.

So I went on with the flake. Got one coat on the first fender and the gun clogged. It's a micro flake and should have no problem spraying through my touch-up gun, but I've never sprayed flake with it, so who knows. While trying to clear it out, I pull the needle out and still nothing. So I grab another gun and get the flake on. After I finish, I clean the first gun and realize I left the filter in it and that was what clogged it up. It's the second time I've used this gun and forgot it had a filter. A stupid rookie mistake on my part (I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed!).

After I get the first gun cleaned out, I mix my clear and pour it in, it looks an awful lot like lime candy. Not only that, it's running out of the gun and all over the floor. Guess what idiot forgot to put the needle back in? Yup it was me!.:headbang: Anyway, the base color is on and it's the strangest white with silver flake I've ever seen, maybe it will look different in the sun. :21:

P8080450.jpg
P8080451.jpg
P8080452.jpg

Last edited:
Boy did I manage to screw up a simple white paintjob, it was a comedy of errors! First, somehow the white came out looking exactly like House of Kolor Limetime Pearl. OK, maybe it's the lighting in the booth giving it a tint.

So I went on with the flake. Got one coat on the first fender and the gun clogged. It's a micro flake and should have no problem spraying through my touch-up gun, but I've never sprayed flake with it, so who knows. While trying to clear it out, I pull the needle out and still nothing. So I grab another gun and get the flake on. After I finish, I clean the first gun and realize I left the filter in it and that was what clogged it up. It's the second time I've used this gun and forgot it had a filter. A stupid rookie mistake on my part (I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed!).

After I get it cleaned out, I mix my clear and it looks an awful like lime candy. Not only that, it's running out of the gun and all over the floor. Guess what idiot forgot to put the needle back in? Yup it was me!.:headbang: Anyway, the base color is on and it's the strangest white with silver flake I've ever seen, maybe it will look different in the sun. :21:

View attachment 134142View attachment 134143View attachment 134144
bcc106c8dfaa88542b5d36cf9ac96347.jpg

Not trying to show my age, but, the paint color is reminding me of a scene from the old TV show ‘One Day At A Time’ (when I first became a Valerie Bertinelli fan) where the building ‘super’, Schneider asked Bonnie Franklin (lead character) what color she wanted him to paint their bathroom.

Schneider: “You can have white or off-white”
Bonnie: “How ‘off’ is the ‘off-white’”

Schneider: “Green”

BTW, this has to be one of the coolest trikes I’ve seen in a LONG time.

Build on brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an awesome color virus!!

Latest posts

Back