Cycle truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You all may have seen this as .. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32283
Well I am starting the tear apart then the ?????? I got this from doing my daily garbage bike pickin... The lady is trying to get me pictures of her dad riding the bike in the 40's on the bike so that I can take it back to close original (I THINK)

Here is a pic of the tear apart...
FxCam_1287786528261.jpg

I started to take it apart and it came apart mostly smooth. The only thing that is giving me a problem is the handle bars stem and the pedals. It is going very smooth on the tear down.. I hope it goes smooth on the rest./..

Still undecided on what is going to get done, but I will be needing the back rim rehooped and laced..... I am going to post a pick of the hub soon it is in great shape...

WELL SOON MORE TO COME>>

Neet! It's even got the rear rack. Those are hard to find! I've been looking for a front fender for one for a while now. The rear wheel shouldn't be a big problem to lace. They use .120-.130 ga spokes.

I cant believe it cleaned up that well!!

TheItGuy said:
Any ideas on getting my rear wheel relaced on the old hub?

you gotta do it yourself!! :lol: don't make us geeks look bad by paying to get your rim laced...

scrumblero said:
I cant believe it cleaned up that well!!

TheItGuy said:
Any ideas on getting my rear wheel relaced on the old hub?

you gotta do it yourself!! :lol: don't make us geeks look bad by paying to get your rim laced...

Do you know where to find a good how to DIY vid or something?

Might try this. http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html

It isn't as much voodoo magic to relace a wheel as you might think. The first one will take you a while to figure out, but the second goes much quicker. I spent several hours just lacing my first one. Now I can lace one in 10 minutes. Trueing it up can be a little tricky, just be patient.

Back