Custom Rollfast Tank Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philphine said:
i like it. it has kinda an old look to it.

by that i mean it looks almost like it could have been some kind of stock stretch from way back. like some company experimented with stretch cruisers back in the 50's-60's and you found one. even moreso when i imagine it with fenders, chainguard, older style forks and stuff.
That was the look I was going for.My friend that has the fab shop looked at it and said it needed a chain guard. I laughed , because it would have to be about three feet long. I thought about fenders , but with the 26x3's they would have to be really wide ones.

deorman said:
Uncle Stretch said:
Deorman...Thanks too ,I think? :lol: :lol:

:lol: Everything is bigger in Texas. :wink:

I have that Columbia tank but on something stretched , a little dinky tank would look kinda silly
I'm watching Ebay for something longer and possible without that down turn in the back

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
hands down my favorite of all the bikes you've built. awesome.

Thanks alot. Its a pretty nice bike. It sits low and rides really good. Of the last few I built its a favorite for me too. The addition of the old tank added to the build. I will probably try it again , if I can find the right tank. :wink:

Thanks Spoke Shave , I hope it inspires everybody to grab up some pipe and build their own dream bike. Its not that hard. If you can't weld find someone who can. If you have one all cut and bent out , I'm sure a person could get one welded cheap. :D

Great ride once again Uncle Stretch, I'm loving it 8)

Not my fave frame of yours though, but I do dig the way the frame is shaped under the seat, it does have your signature all over it.
Thanks for another great example of bikebuilding 1.0 :D

Just about everyone is saying: "My favorite. Your best one yet"......Well ya started out building great bikes!....They just keep getting BETTER and BETTER. I really like this bike. Here's the attraction for everybody: We know your next bike will even be better, we don't know HOW, but we know it will. Remember back in the fifties and sixties, we all waited for the NEW cars to come out every fall. (Example: 1964 Chevy Impala, just didn't get any better. UNTIL you saw the 65 Impala) That's what your bikes remind me of, the anticipation of the NEXT one.

KOTA said:
Just about everyone is saying: "My favorite. Your best one yet"......Well ya started out building great bikes!....They just keep getting BETTER and BETTER. I really like this bike. Here's the attraction for everybody: We know your next bike will even be better, we don't know HOW, but we know it will. Remember back in the fifties and sixties, we all waited for the NEW cars to come out every fall. (Example: 1964 Chevy Impala, just didn't get any better. UNTIL you saw the 65 Impala) That's what your bikes remind me of, the anticipation of the NEXT one.
Thanks guys. I try to keep up the creativity and not get stagnant. Oh by the way Kota I thought the 62 Impala was the best. Really I try not to make this about the build. It lets me see what I can actually do. In the process I hope others will see its pretty easy. I'm probably one of the least talented people building frames. I do them fast and they all seem to turn out pretty good. They are all different styles to kill the boredom. Glad everybody likes them. As soon as I get over this big wheel fiasco I will try to build something cool.
Really and truly the tank built this frame. I just filled in the spaces :lol:

Wow, that's an incredible build! ... everything about it is first class. Totally dig the blend of old and new here.. perfect.

jiminyshiznit said:
Wow, that's an incredible build! ... everything about it is first class. Totally dig the blend of old and new here.. perfect.

Thanks it turned out pretty good. I think the idea came from eating my wife's saulce late at night. It always gives me weird dreams. :roll:

sensor said:
i guess i can say what ive said 100 times before....
GREAT WORK U.S.
Thanks Sensor. It was a fun build. I'm not that fond of small tube frames anymore. They look so stockish
ind-chuckz said:
LMK if you can do another one or have one. I really like this one. Work of ART!
Chuck I never do two that look alike . I had thought about doing another one with the 1 1/2'' tubing , but I haven't found a tank that is long and straight enough, but I'm still looking . Glad you like it.

Back