Custom Bicycle Headlights? Show your High Beams

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a cool looking bike headlight,something a little different with custom appeal but have the modern function of LED,it would have to be some kind of retro-fit/conversion and while playing around with a few ideas i came up with something.I don't know if anyone has ever made one before but i had some things laying around and came up with this shift light/headlight idea.Mount on front fender or handlebar and just pull the red cap off when it gets dark for instant bright LED lighting,the switch is mounted in the under belly and not visible.Works great! Now i just have to figure out which bike i'm going to put it on :D Anybody else have an unusual/custom/retro fit/cool headlight to share? Show your high beams :shock:
P1020809.jpg

I have a few old school chrome headlights that i want to convert to LED,has any body here done that? Lets see :D
P1020805.jpg

i converted a pair of cheep walmart fog lights and some cheep flashlights with some leds, hardest part I found was trying to get everything to fit inside of the light housing, but it is kinda small

I stuck a Sylvania "stick-n-click" push type LED in this old schwinn light. Put a flexible lens in so I just push it in and its on.
100_1340.jpg

100_1339.jpg

Cool headlight Randy!Made with a bucket ? :shock: ...that's creative! :D

Markm...nice Rocket,dig the chrome on patina look :D

bicycleguy...that is some serious off-road lighting :shock: Go big or go home :wink:

Vulture...nice restoration job on your light :D

Bicyclerick...cool retro fit idea! 8) Dig your springer too!

Looking good guys,some cool ideas out there!-thanks for sharing :D

Old glass insulator, stuffed with a cheap 9 led flashilight, large hose clamp trimmed down, and a headlight bracket.
DSC04292.jpg

DSC05009.jpg

This one was an appleton spotlight I found at a flea market and converted it with another cheap 9 led flashlight. The copper tube is the battery holder.
DSC05094.jpg

DSC05511.jpg

Bike headlight converted with a 21 led flashlight and everything is crammed inside. One thing to note I didn't really find the 21 led to be any brighter than the 9 led.
DSC05410.jpg

DSC05412.jpg

DSC05484.jpg

like kram said, i made a 15 led array and a 23 array, and when i got them working they were about the same brightness.

Back