ORBO Crusty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always build what I want to ride, I do the build offs because it’s fun to build alongside others. View attachment 257076Turns out the paint might have been a bit soft when I clamped it. Used a simple orange hand wipe and got it off without killing paint.View attachment 257077
Sadly can’t buy a new single speed chain anywhere in this town now. Even Walmart! So found a decent old one in the pile for now. Current tire choice. View attachment 257078
Sat it down to adjust and tighten the seat, stem and bars. View attachment 257079
Pedals tossed on to try and get a test ride Sunday or Monday. Pedals and a chain will be the 2 things I need to order, new chain may wait til after roadsalt season
That old Huffman's looking really good now! The blue-and-black color palette really lends itself to that bike.

See if it posts in the correct thread this time 😂 morning test ride in the snow
IMG_3864.jpeg
IMG_3866.jpeg

Tires are obnoxious on pavement but worked well in the couple inches of snow
IMG_3865.jpeg
IMG_3867.jpeg
trying to capture a bit of the two tone. Forecast is 40s this week and some rain so may get it into some mild singletrack
IMG_3868.jpeg

Gearing is better then I expected, going down to a 39 would have made it to low.

Got cut open yesterday so no building or riding again til march 18th. Was hoping to get a singletrack ride in before surgery but we had rain the week leading up.

Hopefully order pedals and atleast get those bolted on and some better photos 😂 I’ll be living vicariously thru the rest of you for now

Got cut open yesterday so no building or riding again til march 18th. Was hoping to get a singletrack ride in before surgery but we had rain the week leading up.

Hopefully order pedals and atleast get those bolted on and some better photos 😂 I’ll be living vicariously thru the rest of you for now
Seems to be the winter for surgery. Had one in Oct and one in Jan.

Take care of yourself!

Love the sbades and fades of blue in the paint job!

Latest posts

Back