Crazy or Creative ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I pulled a dry rotted tire off a 20" wheel, could never get more than 1 tire lever in there at a time, ended up snipping the wire bead so i could pull the tire off. I found someone took a 26" tube full of slime, tied off the excess length of tube that over lapped the wheel, right next to the valve stem so 99% of the length touching the wheel still aired up ... I never would of thought of that o_O

When I was a kid if I didn't have a 20" tube I just folded over the excess of a bigger tube. I guess I wasn't the only one.

When I had a shop it was near a major state university, which I changed 1000s of tubes for. I saw every flat imaginable, even a horse stomped flat bike...
Anyway, one time this smart alleck kid says, "I filed it with fix a flat, have fun." After having to cutt the tire off with a razor knife, getting slimed and berated by the bike and it's owner, I made sure to grab the seat, and grips multiple times....
Told him, "here's your fix a flat, enjoy...."

Back