Cranbrook brain boggler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally I would find a frame and start building from there. I have decided to come back to this bike and take it in a different direction though for my next project. This bike stands out in my garage just because it is so new, so, I want to make new look old. Here is the start of my project.

003.jpg

As you can tell, I have taken a little of the Wal-Mart bike out of it by adding a 49 Shelby chainguard, new wheels and tires, new bars and grips, etc.... But no matter what i do to it I am not pleased with the outcome. I am going to give it one last shot. Time to tear her back down and start cuttin.....

To me the Cranbrook is too small to make it awesome without some serious modification. Its just an awkward bike for some reason. You've done a great job already though and Im super interested to see what you come up with next. Those Schwalbes could make a toilet look like an awesome bike! lol.

aka_locojoe said:
Looks pretty cool as is. Anxious to see what you do with it. Will it be ready by Sunday? :D

I wish I could work that fast. There is alot of cutting to be done as well as parts gathering. I will be riding something else sunday.

Love your tool colection, so neat...
I think it would change radically with an older seat and different handle bars.
Please keep those wheels!!!

Back