Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harold_B, someone posted questions about that bike over on the Cabe asking for some info on it. It had one or two people actually questioning if it was an old build or modern. I personally think that set up is one of the coolest uses of a modern China kit that I've seen! :cool2:

I looked and pondered on that for a few days trying to decide whether that was a China kit or not. It's about 45 minutes away from me. Still a cool ride.

66cc and the angle plug head make me think it's a kit. Always happy to be wrong even on a public forum. The builder certainly did a nice job with patina on the engine. The other thing I like is using a girl's bike. Not typical for most builders since they are usually going for a board track racer look but this reminds me of a Parson's motorbike.

It came that way. It's a Walmart fixie called the Thruster.

I'm sorry, I know that a lot of people (even on this site) have used the OCC Stingray as a platform for a customized bike, but I have not seen one yet that I like. Not one.

More of a nightmare than a find, and depending how well the fork is constructed might be a bit high on the price.
I was just given an OCC last fall, trying to decide what to do with it.
That springer style fork is not on my radar.
I love the Electra Rat Fink/Ghostrider bikes, but don't think I can make an OCC look that good.... :eek:)

Southern NH, DR350S, multiple bicycles.....
Thoughts? Suggestions? Jokes?

Why worry with negotiating, this guy does it for you!

Schwinn "Orange County Choppers" bike - $150 (New Bern)

Original, a little rusty, total chopper look with fatty tire on back and all, stretched out chopper style, factory bike...no repaint! I could have priced it at $200 so you could offer $100 and I'd come back at $150, but I thought I'd save us both some time.
Price firm. If you want it and are serious, come look in person.

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/bik/4295395399.html

For $35 buy is and use the parts. Cut the bottom bracket and head tube for a custom frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ Bill said:
I wouldn't think so, what is a store/plunking bike??
Well, store means it is tough enough to carry a load, plunking is trail riding when you don't know the trail.

Back