Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories

I was just at a local Walmart and saw they had a couple of the neon green Thruster Fixie bikes on clearance for $69. Now I'll just sit back & wait for them to pop up on CL for $150.....

Craigslist nightmares and dreams... Schwinn bicentennial

"Schwinn bicentennial Sting Rays - $600
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/3891872751.html

Selling a pair of 1976 Schwinn bicentennial Sting Ray's, boys 5 speed and a girls coaster brake. Selling as a pair for $600 obo, will not separate so don't ask. All original Schwinn, no after market parts used. Bikes are in very good condition. "

I think the price is a bit high, but if you ever wanted a his N hers pair in decent condition, this would be the pair to get.

Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... tool box trike

CCR said:
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/bik/3907596391.html

$500 Trike fitted with tool chests and storage, bit high for my needs but pretty cool set up for someone lol

Permanent wheelie with the boxes loaded with tools though

Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... tool box trike

CCR said:
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/bik/3907596391.html

$500 Trike fitted with tool chests and storage, bit high for my needs but pretty cool set up for someone lol
Yeah but being craftsman boxes he probably spent his asking price on the boxes and is throwing in the rest for free.

Here is a CL story that could have been a nightmare. My son recently sold his Playstation on CL. I told him to meet any buyers in a public space. When he left, he told me he was meeting the guy at a gas station that I knew was a busy location. I asked if he was going alone, and he was not, he was taking a friend of his (they both play lacrosse and are good size kids) the next day I asked him how it went. He told me that when he arrived at the gas station, and texted the guy, the guy says "hey, we are at this motel, could you come on over here? My son, who I have tried to raise without my cynicism says "Sure!" They go to this no tell motel, go into the guys room, set the game up and demo it for him, he offers them a joint, they decline (I hope) and leave. Fortunately everything turned out fine, but geez, he has no idea what he let himself into. I asked him "what do you think someone was doing at a motel like that?" His response "I just figured they were on vacation and their game broke" BTW, this all happened around 10:00 PM, which was much later than when he left the house.

He is lucky that he didn't end up on the 11 o'clock news.
Gotta be careful.

DougTimme said:
Here is a CL story that could have been a nightmare. My son recently sold his Playstation on CL. I told him to meet any buyers in a public space. When he left, he told me he was meeting the guy at a gas station that I knew was a busy location. I asked if he was going alone, and he was not, he was taking a friend of his (they both play lacrosse and are good size kids) the next day I asked him how it went. He told me that when he arrived at the gas station, and texted the guy, the guy says "hey, we are at this motel, could you come on over here? My son, who I have tried to raise without my cynicism says "Sure!" They go to this no tell motel, go into the guys room, set the game up and demo it for him, he offers them a joint, they decline (I hope) and leave. Fortunately everything turned out fine, but geez, he has no idea what he let himself into. I asked him "what do you think someone was doing at a motel like that?" His response "I just figured they were on vacation and their game broke" BTW, this all happened around 10:00 PM, which was much later than when he left the house.

Did you report it to the PD?

VINTAGE 1981 CARE BEARS BIKE - $35 (SPO VALLEY)

OLD CARE BEARS KIDS BIKE. HONEYCOMB MAGS . Every thing works great . great wall hanger For Man Cave or shop

http://spokane.craigslist.org/bik/3883778101.html

"Yup, this here's my 1981 Care Bears bike! Got 'er on Craigslist, and lucky I was the first one with cash! You wanna 'nuther beer, Ralph? The game's on..." :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Those wheels would be cool for a mini BMX build.

Cool, Figured someone would dig them! Right now I am in Libya, not too many craigslist finds :?

Back