Covering a seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried to cover a seat with regular fabric? I am doing a build for my Dad (Christmas present) on a bike that belonged to my Grandpa. I am trying to make the bike resemble my Grandpa's truck, but I also want to use some things that remind me (and my Dad) of my Grandpa.

Couple things I want to do...
1) Make some hub shiners of one of my Grandpa's old leather belts, I got this figured out I think.

2) Cover the seat with one of my Grandpa's old shirts, which is what I need some info on. He always wears those short sleeve plaid buttom up shirts and I want to use one for a seat cover.

Problem is, they are thin, and would need to be backed with something. I'm not sure how to get it backed and on the seat. Any thoughts?

Crump,I admire you for honoring your Gramps and Pops.

Good Luck with your project!

Thanks, I appreciate it. It's not even a nice bike, but it's one my now 82 year old Grandpa rode for the last 8-10 years. Cheap Huffy, but it should turn out nice. Wanted to get my Dad a bike, but thought this would be better than a new one.

I am going to make my Dad an album with all the progress pics and some pics of my Grandpa with the bike

I like that song...

I always think of him when I hear that old Aaron Tippin song "I got it honest". My Grandpa is an AWESOME guy. Drove a front end loader at a rock quarry for 37 years, never missed a day. He had colon cancer and used vacation days for the time he was out. I strive to be half the man he is, but me included, they don't make em' like that any more.

He is battling Alzheimer's now and can no longer drive. He gave up riding the bike a couple years ago. He repeats himself a lot, but still knows who everybody is... I think he will be pumped about the bike.

Latest posts

Back