Countdown to RRBBO-9! ...START!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already been done.

bigwheel.jpg

If I do a bike this year, this may be the starting point. Model T spot light.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392736431.334712.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392736452.518875.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392736470.719382.jpg

Carl if you do a Snow Rat I've got some great aluminum snowflakes I've been saving for such a build. I'll give them to you. They are thick, have tapped holes, and came from book ends.

I guess for me it goes beyond who's hands touch the bike as far as the definition of "Build" goes. Again, I'm talking here in context of the Build Off only, but I want to see a builder's personal expression of the bike as a whole work of art. This includes ideas and methods being an extension of the individual's concept of participating in an organized event such as the this.
Like Youthgeye mentioned I personally review the process as much as the final results when I cast a vote.
The beauty of this is that I'm just one guy with an opinion, and one opportunity to vote my way under the structure of the multiple vote system. I'm not trying to convince any one they are wrong, nor convince anyone I am right. I understand and embrace that everyone will be able to decide for themselves what is right and/or wrong in their personal experience here.

That's the beauty of our RRB community. Plenty of viewpoints to keep it lively and thought provoking rather than just a bunch of mindless ZOMBIES jumping off of a cliff together.

Rat Zombie cycles or Zombie Rat cycles
sounds like a bad "B" Movie
Better yet a bike club
and in order to be a part of the rides you need to either ride a rat bike or be dressed up as a zombie

Well, I get it about folks not reading or even knowing what they are looking at... in my current build thread I get questions from guys who actually commented on the same topic a page earlier answering their own questions, if they just followed the thread.

I blame smart phones. :soapbox: The little screen isn't conductive to thoroughly reading a thread, lets just look at the little pictures and chime in. I don't use my weed wacker to cut my lawn, my laptop allows me the luxury of actually seeing what I'm looking at. I easily flip from page to page, and I can see what I'm talking about rather than squinting at a photo and asking self explanatory questions. :confused:

Carl.

Not uploaded from my dinky phone...

Last edited:
Now now Carl if you would just upgrade to a bigger screened phone you wouldn't need to squint. HAHAHA

I'm still waitin' for a DickTracy wristwatch phone...
with an even smaller screen.o_O

Carl.

Now you went and done it... I can't do that either since you posted it, someone will think I stole the idea from you. Even though I mentioned Detective Tracy in an earlier post...

Merle. :crazy:

Does anyone plan to build any Trophies this year? I have a few ideas. I want to come up with a cool base for the "TOP BANANA" trophy.

I don't know the history here, but I could probably build a trophy. Just give me a theme. I have a decent router table and a good selection of bits to do a nice base too. Get a small brass plate engraved for it...Hmm it would need to be lightweight... may need to be shipped overseas...

Carl.

Edit: Ok I went and looked up some of the RRBBO-8 threads...
How about "Best Patina" for the highest placing traditional entry with aged original paint? I could assemble a nice weathered trophy with a polished wood base...

Last edited:
How about "Best Patina" for the highest placing traditional entry with aged original paint? I could assemble a nice weathered trophy with a polished wood base...

Sounds like you've just given yourself a project.:D

You might consider any patina, some folks have done their own aged paint that looks as good as aged original paint. You will most likely be the judge for the award so I suppose it's really what ever you want it to be.;)

Other than the main vote, all of the other "MAJOR AWARDS" are just donated, thought up, judged, by individual RRBers. Just look at the PRIZE POT threads from the past two build offs.

Leg-lamp.Its-a-major-award.jpg

I have been wanting to do a trophy but the cost of sending something I built overseas would be a major consideration... I don't do lightweight...

Luke.

Back