Could this be used for bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chicago Electric 90 amp Flux its a welder that a guy is willing to sell me for $110 everything included "It's got everything you need to weld (wire, mask, hammer with brush)" He said I need oxy-acet. for bikes. is this true? Newbie to welding.

Brent

I use a wire welder. If your going to build road bikes and use those lugs...then yes you do need a gas welder of some kind. Dosent sound like that good of a deal for a china welder though.

But this would work for say a buritto or a tall bike? im not going to be fabbing any lugged frames. I just want to do a few stretches and maybe some talls. would this be right? I know its a cheaper welder but I can't really afford anything new. Thanks again!

the welder will work, but it is more important to do correct welding and have good knowledge of welding for safety reasons

Yeah dude for sure. I bought a 70 amp buzz box on craigslist for 20 bucks and I used it to build a few things. I still use it from time to time cause it's easier to move than my other unit, it only weighs like 30lbs so I can take it to a friends house in a bike trailer or run to a neighbors house with it or whatever.

Back