cool skiptooth cruiser...know anything about it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I came across this bike on Craigslist for $60. There are no markings to identify the manufacturer and it has definitely been repainted with some mediocre pinstripe tapework and lame decals on the fenders, but I did find a serial number under the bottom bracket on the pedal crank housing. it's F09110 and i found a picture of a similar bike on ebay that was called a 1949 schwinn D-62 ladies cruiser with a skiptooth crank sprocket. I looked on the schwinn serial number list and i THINK its telling me this bike is from 1949 (if it's a schwinn) but the chainguard looks slightly different. The one on the schwinn is ribbed and shaped exactly like mine but there is also a little flat circle on the largest part of the guard. Does anyone have any idea what I've got here? My crank sprocket looks different (cooler) also. Obviously if it's that old, it has been lovingly restored. Rides like a dream whatever it is.
IMG_3132.jpg

Back