Cool Skip Tooth ID help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is actually my dads bike although I have permission to make it mine if I want. However, I'd like to know a bit more about it before I start deciding what I want to do with it. I guess I'd like to know the make, model, approximate age and anything else anyone can tell me about it. My dad has had this bike for as long as I can remember and it's always been a mystery. The tires are sew ups and the name "Pope" is stamped on the chain ring if that helps.
Thanks!
Nate
20130415_113711.jpg

20130415_113852.jpg

20130415_113735.jpg

20130415_113817.jpg

20130415_113801.jpg

20130415_114020.jpg

Thanks for the info guys! I did flip it over to see if the serial # was there and it was but for some reason I didn't think to right it down. Duh... I'll get it next time om over at my dads house. I think I'd like to see this bike restored to it's stock look although I don't think I would want to use the sew up tires. Anyone have any other ideas about what I should do with it ore pictures?

This bike is a rare frame, Its one of only a handful of frames I would consider buying from the teens and 20s as my grandpa owned one. If you ever would consider selling it please let me know. as for what to do, gently clean it down see what original paint comes back out and go from there, the front fender your missing will cost an arm and a leg. the truss rods are also quite hard to come by. The tank... well I would probably bet you'll never find it.

Nick.

don't worry about it. just send it to me!!

awesome bike. it's one of those bikes that you just wash with hot soapy water and leave it as is.

does it have this headbadge?
Bicycle%252C+1994+68+58-2%252C+watermark.jpg

2560941322_29fff06425.jpg

axsepul said:
don't worry about it. just send it to me!!

awesome bike. it's one of those bikes that you just wash with hot soapy water and leave it as is.

does it have this headbadge?

The headbadge is missing but it looks like that one could be it.

So another question I have is if I wanted to keep with the sew ups can I get new ones somewhere?

Back