Cool Bikes at Mellow Johnny's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the store yesterday just wastin' time...thought I would share some pics from there.

Have no idea who made these bikes but I thought they were cool.
Sorry for the shaky hands...phone camera and all...you know how it goes...

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

This one sits over the front door...
Completely unrideable if you ask me...but cool looking none-the-less...

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

This one is made by Naked...check out the details....wood rims and handles. Love the swept back look of the bars.
Check out the holes in the frame and especially the big hole at the Seat Tube/Top Tube/Seat Stay junction...very interesting treatment and design element.

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

Galtbach should like this...high flanged hubs...stunning.

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

This bike is hanging in the Juan Pelota coffee shop. It's in the Mellow Johnny's store. For those that don't know, Juan Pelota is the fake name that Lance uses when he checks into a hotel...Juan being a play on the word 'One' and pelota being spanish for ball.... :shock:
At least he has a sense of humor about it.

It's a wood bike, very cool.

DSC00284.jpg

I have never seen brakes like these....they look like they move in a vertical direction pulling up on the rim rather than the traditional clamping of the rim from the sides.

DSC00285.jpg

The store itself is pretty cool. Downstairs they have the training and fitting and custom stuff...along with Lances bikes he has ridden in various tours in the Tour de France. Tiny bikes if I may add. They are also serving as the headquarters for the Team Shack (radio shack) professional biking team.

I give it less than a year til someone here on RRB copies that hybrid metal and wood frame setup.

That one by Naked is my favorite in the shop. Every time I'm in there I have to go look at her. I was told by someone working there this is a one off bike and cost something over $10K.

Those brakes were common on old European bikes. If you think untrue wheels on rim brakes are sketchy, you ain't seen nothin'! Fortunately, most bikes that have those also had sturdy hand-checked wheels.

wow super nice :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: from a scale of 1 to 5 you got them all
that is like alice in wonder land absolutly wonderful place :!: love those bikes :wink:

Nice lines on that red one, BUT, exceeds the point where leaning your apes forward looks cool!! :lol: And minus ten points for the slack chain. ~Adam

Back