Cool Bike Helmets - Anyone have one?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like wearing my "flight of the Navigator" bike helmet when I ride my old cruiser bikes, because I think I look like a goofball. But at the same time I am trying to convince my 3 yr old daughter that it is important to wear a helmet. Does anybody have a cool helmet to suggest?

I have have been looking at the Bern Brentwood with the Matte gray bomber design. anybody have one of these?

60b18978-ab33-4692-83a0-c85781f99049.jpg

I saw the Yakkay covers, but they remind me too much of an equestrian helmet.

However, I do usually ride my bike with knee high boots and one of those little horse whip things :shock:

sorry i go by the motorcycle deal that until they make me wear one i won't. just the way i am

The only helmet I wear is a full face for doing gates at the track. I hate wearing them, but it looks better than a broken nose or missing teeth.
IMG_0109.jpg

Hey,
I have already looked into it ....& I suspect someday, for insurance reasons .....

AKA Covering their Buttocks are gona require somthing in the form of a helmet to join in on the ride ....

I don't want to be flusterated ...

Instead prepaird .....
Don't wana drive 4 hours only to have NOT Brought a helmet ...

GERRRRRRR its usually in the fine print ... BUT HEY >>>> I CANT BARLEY READ the large print LOL ya know ...

AND ...... I Refuse to admit that I'm getting to be a blind old fart .... I'm Not , I'm NOT I'm Not... LOL m.... I think you get it .... DENIAL ...... LOL

Sorry ... I will quit yelling .... lol Little diamond shaped pills kicking in .... they are suppose to be me mood pills .... LOL YIPPY

I've been looking at the old football Helmets from the 20's ...30's.

Haven't decided to try & make one or spend the $ !00.00 they are looking for em .

Ya can get any sorta alma mater or just some cool style that ya customize some how. Diff colors ... Hand tooled add on's ect,

E BAY has several Pages of Helmuts .... Sorry Bout the spelling ...

Just a teaser here ... NOT TO HIJACK the thread here .... BUT I'm about two weeks fr4om attempting to make wooden , Redwood ,. Formed fenders .... Molded Full size / Arch with a crown .... Im going to do them in a vacume bag with some sort of resin probuct ... sucked into the wood at about - 24 bars atmosphere .... About 2 pounds Vacume ... I think.

Best wishes everyone
Have a sunshiney day

Srephen / Wingman

Best Wishes,

Stephen / Wingman

Whoa Wingman!

That was all over the place. Your mind must be like throwing a hand full of super Bouncy Balls as hard as you can inside 5' x 5' room.

....you better wear a helmet :lol:

depends on if he is running on 80% or 90%. wingman knows what i mean :lol:

Wingman's post just made my entire day. :D

That being said....the OP's question is a good one. "Flight of the Navigator" :lol: helmets DO look a little out of place on a cruiser don't they? I'd like to find a cool helmet too for this very reason.

Bell makes an acceptable looking multi-sport helmet, pretty much the only one i'd consider wearing if and when one of my rides gets electrified. Heres my son with his, in black and red;
done11.jpg

Similar model with blue flames;
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Z0cL5lI+L._SL160_.jpg
Unless I can find a chrome helmut with the spike like mikah's :mrgreen:
Rick

Back