Convinced my roomate to get a bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked it up off craigslist for 100$
Put new tubes and tires on it and went riding!

4764_98336968994_660228994_2149148_4922668_n.jpg

JoeyMac said:
that's a quality bike. But looks like she is uncomfortable with those bars. Maybe a pair of more upright bars?
no way! Drops ftw!

That bike looks great. I'll bet that yellow will really brighten up with a coat of wax. Then make it hers by doing whatever she suggests, that'll keep her riding it. Stingray bars and a banana seat?

Wildcat said:
That bike looks great. I'll bet that yellow will really brighten up with a coat of wax. Then make it hers by doing whatever she suggests, that'll keep her riding it. Stingray bars and a banana seat?
Its staying the way it is at a road bike to be ridden a bunch.

mastronaut said:
Raise that seat! She should have only a slight bend in the knee when fully extended. Looks dang uncomfortable to me...nice bike though.. :)
Shes only 5'3!
The seat was like an inch and a half higher and her feet couldn't reach the pedals at the bottom of the stroke :lol:

Looks like the original handlebar tape and everything. If the serial #starts with CH, it's a 72 model. Excellent condition for 37 years old.

Wildcat said:
Looks like the original handlebar tape and everything. If the serial #starts with CH, it's a 72 model. Excellent condition for 37 years old.
It is a CH, thats rad.

hey rad road bike........crazy nice orignal.....haha yeah no ape hangers or bannana seat and so on......road bike come on now.......i think its really cool bike and if she has complaints on the seating or bars then make an adjustment then......if shes relax and comfy you will have a ridding buddy for life.......

None of you guys like the drops eh?
Thats one of the reasons I picked it out for her : p

It's cause we're all old and fat...ha ha.

The hunched over position ain't the most popular around these parts.

But hey...if that's what she likes...roll with it. :wink:

JoeyMac said:
not saying that the drops don't look good on the bike, I just saw her riding position and it seems like she is uncomfortable. But hey it's her bike, if she likes it then don't listen to anyone else.
She is a typical girl, she just looks awkward on a bike :lol:

Hey Evan
I just got my first bike with drop bars this year. At first I hated them but now I like'em a whole lot more. One thing I did do is not only raise up the seat but raise the stem for the handlebars as well I bet she will love the ride a whole lot more to either way nice looking bike.

maybe just flip the bars up for a quick try to see if she likes it better. if she doesn't there's no wasted time and cost of buying new bars (and brake levers, and possibly cables if the barrel is different). then switch to a touring style if she does.

and find a nice seat in any event. take care of y'girl man.

Back