columbia superb 5 star - any experts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took a look at this bike after I saw a repop go for $350 with shipping on ebay;

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/bik/375813691.html

The picture doesn't do it justice, pretty well mint original 50s 5-star. only downsides are the front light batteries leaked acid so paint and corrosion on front fender, seat is not original but he has it, and slight dings on tanks from suspension fork.

Worth the price?

I'd think that was a good price.

I always like to ask myself...would I sell that back for that much?

I'd probably ask more for it...and it would be on Ebay for sure.

Of course, if you were in the midwest you be tripping over these as you past by your 250th run down bike filled barn. :wink:

when i was 11 (1991) there was one just like the one in the pic in my grandparents house we moved into, my dad sold it back then for $200 at a yard sale. i think the guy knew my grandparents before we moved in to their old house and jumped at the chance to get it, still remember how cool that bike looked though, never forget it. i asked dad if he remembered that bike a while bike and all he said was he let it go for too little :lol:

Yeah, not too many barns around here, our closest version is the mini storage rental.

It was in much better shape than I expected(or maybe even wanted, couldn't bring myself to rat it), all the chrome was rust-free and the paint looked real good, all the reflectors are there also. I asked him if he considered ebay but he didn't want the hassle and wasn't trying to make a killing.

Hand him $600.00 Cash for the pair...
I will bet you Dollars to Donuts that he takes the $600.00 for Both.

Keep em....sell em....either way they are a Very nice Bike to have in a Collection for $600.00

Isn't it funny that the owner wants more for the gals bike?

Latest posts

Back