Columbia speedliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has/had one of these. There is a 1958 for sale near me for $75 or best offer. Any thoughts on the price. I couldn't find much information on them.I believe it's a middleweight. Guy said it was in decent shape. Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for the reply. Looked around on the web some more but still couldn't find much information. The pic he sent me shows a cantilever frame. I found some older speedliner photos from the early 50's that had a different style frame . Do you know if and what year they changed frames or could this be a mutt with a chain guard thrown on? Also should there be any markings on the rims? The guy lives about 60 miles away so trying to figure out if it's mostly original before wasting my time.
Thanks again,
Ben

Thanks for the responses. I printed out the serial numbers and I am going to look tomorrow. I need another bike like I need a hole in the head so unless I can get a good deal I"ll probaly pass. If I get it i'll throw up some pics.

Well I passed for $50. The chrome was pretty much all shot. Tires were shreaded. I usually have a soft spot for these old neglected bikes but it didn't really grab me.

Back