Columbia Imperial

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought me a 1958 Columbia Imperial on craiglist. I'm in San Diego and my father in law is in Wichita, so he picked it up for me and it's in better shape than the craiglist pics showed... It's red and it's 99% all there! It seems like the headlight and the rack are gone, but doesn't seem like they were ever there though. Anyway, I"m excited to break it all the way down, re-shine the paint and chrome and regrease everything and then to put it back together!!!

Problem: My father in law has to ship it to me here in sunny San Diego :( so, does anyone have the best method and least expensive method to have this thing shipped??? I"m trying to keep shipping at no more than around 100 bucks. The bike was $60, so I would be in it 160 with shipping...

Any ideas are welcomed...

last time I sent one I used UPS and I think I got ripped. theres guys on here that ship tons of bikes, they will be in the know if you can get em to chime in.. :roll:

Never heard of Greyhound shipping but it's worth looking into... thank you. I figured UPS or even FedEx would be quite pricy. I"ll figure something out. I"m not in a huge rush, but would like to have it here in the next few weeks.

I'm rebuilding what i think is a late 60's ROSS female bike. I got it for 50 bucks and it is all there. I had to strip it and repaint it, and now i'm just getting my wheels re-spoked.

I hope I get more tips on getting it shipped though... thanks again y'all!

Well, I got my bike a few weeks ago through UPS... it's wasn't bad ($80). I'm happy with it... I took it apart, regreased everything that needed it, cleaned up the paint with mcquires polish, and got rid of most of the rust it had... The paint isn't the best but I wanted it as original as possible. I'm thinking I might have to put new cables for the brakes and for the speeds. It's a 3 speed internal hub, but second doesn't work. wish i knew how to post... well, try to see my facebook album below. it's the red columbia. nothing special, but simply clean. I like it a lot...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... ca5&type=1

Back