columbia and schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i found these a while back(october2010) in cl i got them for a good deal im only plannin on restoring the panther hopefully ill try to restore it this year :|
DSC_3761b-72.jpg

DSC_3757b-72.jpg

DSC_3751b-72.jpg

DSC_3748b-72.jpg

Restore the Panther? It looks to me like all you need is a boys seat and some better fenders. That's an awful nice paint job you'll be losing. Gary

Metal Militia said:
love those schwinn straightbars. looks like a fun project. mkeep us updated.
tin machine said:
both are great bikes :mrgreen: would love to have them ,nice :D :D :D
B607 said:
Restore the Panther? It looks to me like all you need is a boys seat and some better fenders. That's an awful nice paint job you'll be losing. Gary
its gonna be a slow build project cause i have too much in my hands
i switched the seats with the columbia the guy who had them told me that the columbia seat belonged to the schwinn im just going to rechrome the fenders cause they are in good shape they only have small dents as big as a dime

Whoa,what a pair !
I would inflate the tires and ride 'em as is. They're only original once.

Spokeshave said:
Whoa,what a pair !
I would inflate the tires and ride 'em as is. They're only original once.
twomorestrokes said:
Both bikes are absolutely awesome. :shock:
Thanks

I am riding them like that but I would like to restore them some day

I see the forks and rack don't match on the Schwinn. It's still cool! I think I'd keep an eye open for the right color parts with the same patina and sell those to recoup.

That's always been tough for me. The blemishes make me want to restore, but that wipes out the bike's history. Then once I restore it, I don't ride it anymore to avoid nicks in the paint and wear on the NOS tires. :? I have a couple restored bikes just sitting in my basement. I have a '57 Jag right now that I need to convince myself that it is too nice to mess with and enjoy it. I had to get another Mark II and rat it out to keep me away from painting on the nice one LOL.
Jag.jpg

ScrapHeap.jpg

Super nice bikes. Clean em and ride em, If you repaint them you'll lose thier value.

twomorestrokes said:
I see the forks and rack don't match on the Schwinn. It's still cool! I think I'd keep an eye open for the right color parts with the same patina and sell those to recoup.

That's always been tough for me. The blemishes make me want to restore, but that wipes out the bike's history. Then once I restore it, I don't ride it anymore to avoid nicks in the paint and wear on the NOS tires. :? I have a couple restored bikes just sitting in my basement. I have a '57 Jag right now that I need to convince myself that it is too nice to mess with and enjoy it. I had to get another Mark II and rat it out to keep me away from painting on the nice one LOL.
Jag.jpg

ScrapHeap.jpg
why do u say that the forks and rack dont match they are right for its year 1951 9 hole rack and a non key springer
dos cruiser said:
Super nice bikes. Clean em and ride em, If you repaint them you'll lose thier value.
:D :D

twomorestrokes said:
Um, the forks are blue, and the rack is brighter green....
oh ok i tought u meant something else :) :)

yeah they are different colors the fork was sprayed by someone and the rack the old owner told me that it was a nos rack that he bought it in the 80's

If you can find the right color of green, repaint the fork and the repop rack. But don't repaint the frame.

I have a green DX that has an off color green on the fork, but as far as I (or the person I bought it from) know, it's OG.

dos cruiser said:
If you can find the right color of green, repaint the fork and the repop rack. But don't repaint the frame.

I have a green DX that has an off color green on the fork, but an far as I or the person I bought it from know, it's OG.
thats what im gonna do

Back