Colson????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Hi RRB.
Can anyone identify this bike . I just pick it up and thinking it a colson from the 1930s?

Last edited:
Yeah....that's a Colson. From the pic, it looks like the tall frame, with the 20" seat tube. I'd guess late 30s; more detailed pics could help. As to the model, well, they used that frame on a few different models, but look at pics online of Colson Scouts to see examples of bikes with the same frame....

Just FYI - Fenders, crank/sprocket, chain, wheels are incorrect for this bike - if it matters. I saw this on ebay and was tempted, but it looked like the seat tube had been repaired at the BB. Your pics show that is not the case. Good luck building it. It is indeed a 36 or 37 Colson Long Wheel base Double bar Roadster. These are GREAT riders for people who are tall, or over 6 feet.

Just FYI - Fenders, crank/sprocket, chain, wheels are incorrect for this bike - if it matters. I saw this on ebay and was tempted, but it looked like the seat tube had been repaired at the BB. Your pics show that is not the case. Good luck building it. It is indeed a 36 or 37 Colson Long Wheel base Double bar Roadster. These are GREAT riders for people who are tall, or over 6 feet.
Hey thank for all the great information. Yikes I'm only 5'9"

Go over to the CABE and search for the Colson project post in the Project Bikes" sub forums

im 6 ft 3.. this is great info!

I'd think, at 5'9", you'll do better on the "large" frame, too. At 5'11", I know that the standard size is too small for me. Remember, most of the 26"-wheel bikes were designed for kids. Like, paper-boy aged kids.

Back