Colson Rear Steer Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
after 5 tandems I said NO MORE, but I just could not pass on this one, supposed to be a 1937 model
007-1.jpg

008.jpg

Oh boy Rick would I like to have that! :mrgreen: Now all you need is about $100 in skip tooth chains to get the steering and cranks hooked up... :lol:

In no way should that ever be parted out. That needs to be put back into running condition and used.

M.Martian said:
In no way should that ever be parted out. That needs to be put back into running condition and used.

What he said :D

udallcustombikes said:
Ratfink1962 said:
Here's some inspiration...

pic%20009.jpg

I always love seeing Larry riding this from the back with nobody up front.

That would probably be quite a sight! Awfully complicated 'stretch', huh? :roll: :mrgreen:

Question, I assume the front handlebars turn, right? If so, then it's an 'all steer'.

In either case, that an interesting design, I love it. It could be replicated rather easily.

Cheers!
Dr. T

I just found out there is another one of these getting restored here local. I hear it supposed to be done sometime this summer.

I think that makes 4 ?

Would that make Wichita the Colson Tandem capitol of the world?

Dr. Tankenstein said:
udallcustombikes said:
Ratfink1962 said:
Here's some inspiration...

pic%20009.jpg

I always love seeing Larry riding this from the back with nobody up front.

That would probably be quite a sight! Awfully complicated 'stretch', huh? :roll: :mrgreen:

Question, I assume the front handlebars turn, right? If so, then it's an 'all steer'.

In either case, that an interesting design, I love it. It could be replicated rather easily.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Both sets turn in unison

is this true for all rear steers? I would think this would make things hard on both riders! Can you imagine trying to turn it from the rear while the person up front instinctively tries to keep it straight! :shock:

Back