Colson Rat Flyer- New shoes and new pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Colson Rat

I won a pair of sweet BOA-G 26-3.45 tires at the Midwest Bicycle Fest so I tossed them on the Rat. I like how they fill the frame but the brick red looked better. I will leave them on for now and see if my opinion changes.

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

Those tires are SWEET :D Wish I had a pair just to have them :lol:

put the red tires back on. bike looks good oterwise. just my thinkin.

Outlaw 8)

Well the brick red tires went back on. I have been getting bikes ready for the Park City Chill Show and the Rat gained a tail light. I picked up this winged bullet light up from pick. It was 12v incandecent when I got it so i converted it to LED and powered it off of the Delta headlamp's 6v battery. A custom mount tucked it right up under the seat.

IMAG0769.jpg

IMAG0770.jpg

IMAG0771.jpg

IMAG0773.jpg

scott brownsey said:
i dig the wood tank did u make it i just saw that u made it looks great

I had planned on building an oak rack to match the tank, but lost my access to the wood shop when my brother and sister-in-law split up.

udallcustombikes said:
scott brownsey said:
i dig the wood tank did u make it i just saw that u made it looks great

I had planned on building an oak rack to match the tank, but lost my access to the wood shop when my brother and sister-in-law split up.
that would of been cool also wood always looks sweet

I decided to buy a pair of the white Thick Bricks that Felt has on clearance. Since my Colson has no right or wrong parts it is usually my guinea pig for new parts. Here she is with some new shoes and a few other detail pics.

IMAG0919.jpg

IMAG0920.jpg

IMAG0921.jpg

The Lone Star Badge is a Jones and Sons original.
IMAG0922.jpg

Copper plated sprocket gets overlooked most of the time.
IMAG0923.jpg

Another detail that is always overlooked is the transplanted Schwinn tapered kick stand.
IMAG0926.jpg

My bike bell keeps the grimlins at bay.

IMAG0929.jpg

That's what I love about this bike! It is always changing. 8) Gives me a lot ideas to steal also! :mrgreen:

While my daughter was in dance class tonight in Winfield I decided to do some road testing of the Thick Bricks somewhere I hadn't ridden before. I love finding cool back drops for my bike picks.

The Winfield Garage has some awesome cars on display.
IMAG0937.jpg

The Walnut Valley Festival is one of the largest Bluegrass gatherings in the Midwest.
IMAG0938.jpg

Scrap yard I saved a '65 Coppertone Stingray from last year.
IMAG0939.jpg

Old box car sheds
IMAG0940.jpg

Lots of cool stuff lying around here.
IMAG0941.jpg

Another box car
IMAG0943.jpg

IMAG0944.jpg

I forgot this one. If you want the best burgers in south central Kansas then you need to find your way to Burger Station. No tables, no stools, no drive through. Order your food and get on your way. The burgers are served with grilled onions, pickles and mustard and you can choose to add cheese, Bacon or their "homemade" chile. Don't ask for lettuce or tomatoes because they don't have any. Their fresh hand cut fries are the perfect accompaniment to the burgers.

IMAG0936.jpg

Back