coaster brake challenge 31

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cbc31web.jpg

If all goes according to plan I’ll finally be making this one. Do I need to register in advance?
No need, just show up. I'd try to make one of the first two because shirts begin to run out by the second one.

such a great scene. I would so do it if I lived out there. Cycling needs events like this.

edit: PM me so I can send a pair of my Thompson Grips to give as a raffle prize.

such a great scene. I would so do it if I lived out there. Cycling needs events like this.

edit: PM me so I can send a pair of my Thompson Grips to give as a raffle prize.
Thanks for the offer! As I've said before many times, it is up to you to make these sorts of things happen. The first one had 6 or 8 people, now we get 30-40 each time 15 + years later. There is a formula to build it up and anyone can do it. :)

Van Nuys sounds Dutch... but unfortunately it is nowhere near the Netherlands.

If the coasterbrake challenge was before 1651 somewhere, I had a chance :grin:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton_Van_Nuys
I always look for pictures and videos of the challenge, absolutely love it. I wish I could join one day.

What a great event! I'm no seasoned MTB or offroad enthusiast, but I would love to take part in something like this. Probably finishing last , but very much enjoying the fun! But around here (Berlin, Germany) there are unfortunately not many suitable hills...
And there was this neat little detail towards the end of the heat 2 video...
Screenshot (12).png

Edit:
I loved the donut finish of Heat 3...:rofl:

Last edited:
Th
What a great event! I'm no seasoned MTB or offroad enthusiast, but I would love to take part in something like this. Probably finishing last , but very much enjoying the fun! But around here (Berlin, Germany) there are unfortunately not many suitable hills...
And there was this neat little detail towards the end of the heat 2 video...
View attachment 257357
Edit:
I loved the donut finish of Heat 3...:rofl:
there does not need to be hills but we live in a valley so the off road riding is world class stuff. This course had street sections too, one can make all kinds of creative routes.

The extendo version:

Th

there does not need to be hills but we live in a valley so the off road riding is world class stuff. This course had street sections too, one can make all kinds of creative routes.

The extendo version:

I watched several of the videos and my brain got spinnin... I must check our some potential spots in spring, as there are some promising possibilities even within the city boundaries here. I'll definitely ask around in my local bike protest bubble there are already some that showed interest after I posted some video links...
We will see, where it leads...

I watched several of the videos and my brain got spinnin... I must check our some potential spots in spring, as there are some promising possibilities even within the city boundaries here. I'll definitely ask around in my local bike protest bubble there are already some that showed interest after I posted some video links...
We will see, where it leads...
I use google earth to do initial scouting plus I'm always looking for routes when I'm out and about, some place out of town perhaps?

I use google earth to do initial scouting plus I'm always looking for routes when I'm out and about, some place out of town perhaps?
We have several large forrest areas with some hills within the city boundaries. There are for sure a lot of possibilities here to lay down some attractive tracks...
I'll do some scouting this spring and summer...

Latest posts

Back