Clubman Handlebars and Schwinn stem.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I want to install Clubman Handlebars to my vantage Schwinn stem, but sharp angle on bars won't let me do this.
Any help and suggestions appreciated!
photo-3.JPG

photo-6.JPG

Thanks!

if it were me, I would find a tube to fit inside the bars cut it to about 2-3 inches long.
Then I would cut the bars right in the middle place the other tube inside, slide them together with your stem on there then place about four full pen welds at the seam.
then grind the welds smooth.

Sometimes you can stretch the stem clamp open enough to get the bars in without breaking it but I wouldn't recommend it on an old stem like that. I had to do that on a set of apes I made from the bottom of a shopping cart for a chopper bike I built. Always had to lean it on something as the bars weighed more than the bike. and it took some getting used to riding with HUGE apes.

Hey if you can't find them big enough or can't afford them you look at things in a new light....lol

cart1.jpg

I had a set of K&N clubmans on my GT550 I just traded last month. The poorman's alternative to clipons. lol. The K&N's were nice but the ones on ebay everyone sells are wrist killers last time I bought a set for another motorcycle. How does it feel on the bike?

Back