Classi's first Custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has begun.......

I have been asked by my son to build him a "cool" bike. I am in the process of building a big wheel bagger and want to pull some lines off this.

ffb58721f3106cb50b8158592e34029b.jpg

I have a couple of benders but no roll bender so I grabbed some 1.25 tube and started slowly bending a few pumps each inch.

a89bb39c98b39cf5e42a697d6ef96391.jpg

I have a free 26 wheel and fork my brother gave me. I also have a free 20 bmx bike to borrow parts from.

98902000ea3f74d0e1d8db36ee44c9cb.jpg

You can defiantly pull it off. Id try See if that large curve would fit the radius of the rear like a baseman like you were looking for.
The top tube I'd run less camel from the headtube back.
Maybe even reversing the whole tube 2 better mimic those filler oil and battery cover arches. The head tube on your bagger will also be less dramatic.. u can make up for the tank space with canti bars to keep that teardrop swoop.
With it flipped you also could seat him down low into the ride.
I think ur on to a cool build.. bend a few more tubes and play. I'd try flipping the top tube around.

Set him up on the BMX. Get the bar reach and peddle stroke where they are comfortable it'll give you a better idea where to build around, by locating distances from seat to bb and to bars.
Thanks... Already done that! I have numbers to use to set the seat and bottom brackets. We will just wing the bars when I get to that.

Okay...... Notching and welding is going on today.

I took some hump out of the backbone and adjusted the arch to make it a tad more progressive.

Used a tree to do the removal...... Works really well!

c4c0f7740b531f6efe18de306eb06834.jpg

Made up a 6 inch head tube and put it in the frame jig at 26 degrees.

5963a11cb105ddaa0fb312cffbb4fb7b.jpg

Tacked it together and this is where we are now......

73e9881d8e4319842e89f397942fb0d7.jpg

That's some nice lines there! Are you thinking of hanging wheel from above? Would give it a nice clean look if it's going to have side bags? But I'm no craftsman like you are!

Did you get that Argon yet ?
Gauge is looking a bit low on my last bottle as well...;)
Lol.... Actually I went yesterday and they didn't have any replacement 125s. Apparently they had 4 on order and two are already spoken for. We are a small town but there is a large plant being built 10 miles from here and their supply runs kill inventory for a few days!
Looks like you are capturing that bagger look just nicely!

Luke.
Thanks Luke. It took me a while of staring and thinking but my wife is crazy about it and hopes she can get to ride it too.
That's some nice lines there! Are you thinking of hanging wheel from above? Would give it a nice clean look if it's going to have side bags? But I'm no craftsman like you are!
Still not sure on hanging the rear wheel. I am planning to make polycarbonate panels on both sides and paint from behind to hide the rear wheel completely. Bags would not look right...... But the lines would show well if all filled in. I think the chain can sneak in between the side and the backbone

Latest posts

Back