Classic movies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched the 'Old Man and the Sea' with my family, as they had never seen it. They remarked how most of the movie took place in a boat. Then I watched 'Lifeboat' (1944 Hitchcock) where it was noted by them the
entire movie took place in a boat. I guess the way I see it, it's easier to make a good movie filmed in exotic locations but to make a good movie filmed entirely in a boat, that's talent!

Check out 'Lifeboat' if you haven't seen it.

Think I'll be watching 'Rear Window' next, I've never watched it in it's entirety.

If you have netflix watch Firefly. It is a tv series that was put on instant view, and the movie Serenity too. It is not "classic" but it will be one.

Being from the Central Valley of California and spending soooo many nights down on McHenry avenue for the annual Graffiti Night cruise (RIP..) Both American Graffiti's are my favorite, along with a long lost Two Lane Blacktop with James Taylor and Dennis Wilson..pretty bad acting, but starring the actual 55 Chevy from American Graffiti..there was one along time ago..can't remember the name, but the guy had a blown 41 Willy's..was racing the local hero, Sonny Munns..anybody else remember that one ?????? Before your time maybe ??????? As far as westerns, Tombstone is my all time favorite..

gashuffy63 said:
Floyd said:
My favorite movie of all time is an under rated classic with George C Scott called "The Flim Flam Man" Set in Kentucky in 1967, it mixes humor with serious tones about integrity. Try it.

Agreed, this one is in my top 10, could be that I saw it when it first came out ( nostalgia is a strong thing ) or the fact that it captures that decade well for me, George is no slouch either.

Enjoy a clip from it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47o7pirh ... re=related

Back