CLASS ACT-back in the game

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok. heres the plan. take a BMX bike made for racing,jumping or tricks and pretty much make it un functional except for cruizin.
i put the word out w/ my pals that i was lookin' for a BMX. nothing high end that i'd feel dumb tearing up.
and nothing to cheap that iwould be embarressed to own.
i got this friday. a late 80s ROSS pirahna
000_0001-14.jpg

- have an idea of how i want to build this, but i think i'll let it tell me how to build it.

Re: CLASS ACT

i blew it apart last nite and razored off all the decals to make it easier to strip.just a pile of potential parts :wink:
how did this sprocket get there?
000_0009-5.jpg

000_0005-11.jpg

000_0004-11.jpg

OK...this bike is talkin' to me now.
painted it this weekend. not my best jop ever, but i'll do.
and found some tires from a bike i built a few tears ago. they still got the fuzzies on 'em!
000_0001-17.jpg

000_0009-6.jpg

yoothgeye said:
You using the wheels in the left of this photo? Raw or painted?
just the front one. hopefully have more progress pix tomarrow.

now were gettin' somewhere.
i was thinkin' maybe a leather saddle but now that it's comin together i changed my mind.
seat post looks to tall....choppy,choppy 8)
000_0003-9.jpg

000_0011-7.jpg

OK...still gotta find some brakes and gribs that i feel like using.
than maybe a headlight and a tool bag.
still some work to do :wink:
000_0001-18.jpg

000_0003-13.jpg

000_0009-7.jpg

beatcad said:
and found some tires from a bike i built a few tears ago. they still got the fuzzies on 'em!
quote]

No crying now.. if it's that sad, take a break .....

looking good though - we need more info an dpics of the wild bars though :)

well, it's been ten years and a thousand tears, and look at the mess i'm in.
a broken nose, and a broken heart, an empty bottle of gin.

see. i can spell :lol: i just get in a rush sometimes and rarely proofread :roll:

those bars are old motorcycle drag bar and dog bone risers. something i picked up at a motorpickle swap meet a few years ago.
mosy every british and japanese motor bike from the 50s to the 80s(even before and aft) had 7/8" handlebars...just like most every bicycle.

P.S yoothgeye..hit me in a PM and the old bar's yers.

sorry guys and gals, but i gotta drop out of this fun and friendly compatition :cry:

let me try to make a long story short....
i set the bike aside for a few days because i was getting frustrated because i just couldnt find a way to do the brakes and mount a headlight and a toolbag or 2 that i was really satisfied with.
so i figured i'd finish up my '52 columbia and get back to the BO Bike w/ fresh eyes in a couple days.
also my next door neighbors kid brought me his bike back for a third time because there was a problem w/ the BB/bearing.
after "fixing" it twice before i was gettin' mad at the bike. so after plenty of adult beverages(southern comfort & coke) i had a brilliant idea :!:
i took my frame and some other item from my build off bike and my parts bin and combined his and mine :mrgreen:

i joined up this year just for the fun and comrodery. the thought of winning was never even entertained.

but the winner in this situation is my neighbor.
good luck to everyone else. there's some really neat and clever stuff out there.
000_0001-20.jpg

Re: CLASS ACT-GRACEFULLY BOWING OUT

I'm not much for BMX bikes, but that one is Beautiful :D .

And I just have to note, that is what being a neighbor is about. Lucky kid, hope he takes care of his custom bike.
(As a side note I want to mention that this kind of thing is the norm on this forum...and that's why I dig it so....)

Re: CLASS ACT-GRACEFULLY BOWING OUT

I'll miss this bike in the build.

If I was a little closer I'd throw you a frame and some parts for your 1 allowed frame change. There's still time :wink: .

Bike looks great, way to make a kid happy, that's my plans for later this week as I start finding more kids to ride the bikes I've been freshening up.

Latest posts

Back