(Class 1 MBBO#4) Cycledelic - seat fabric lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use to run forks in that configuration when I was a kid back in the 70's. Made stearing a lot easier then when they curved in the same direction
Road a bike with forks like this in the 70's as well. Was just having fun for the distraction here, not planning this at all....

Carl.

Well the big garbage can isn't going to work for a dunk tank. But originally I was going to build a 2 x 4 frame and staple some tarp into it, build my own little kiddie pool. Bike frame sized. So, I'll build this thing and then I am planning on shooting a video of the swirl and dunk.

Carl.

With a kiddie pool you'd have to lay the frame in sideways, that's how I do rust removal.
Really looking forward to the paint on this one.

With a kiddie pool you'd have to lay the frame in sideways, that's how I do rust removal.
Really looking forward to the paint on this one.
Thanks, I've been anxious to try it too! I've never done this type of paint before but I've been watching youo_Otubes and I think I can do it...

Carl.

Ok lets look at something else...

Single pan Polo seat, cracked, needs braized...
So I looked at the picture above and wondered...

What if I turn the seat around? Now I want it up on a seat post in riding position, but check out how it looks with the point in the back, kinda boat tail lookin', hmm... the original seat (which I don't have) for an Apollo is a squared off banana. But a boat tail hmm.

Carl.

Last edited:
Ok lets look at something else...

Single pan Polo seat, cracked, needs braized...
So I looked at the picture above and wondered...

What if I turn the seat around? Now I want it up on a seat post in riding position, but check out how it looks with the point in the back, kinda boat tail lookin', hmm... the original seat (which I don't have) for an Apollo is a squared off banana. But a boat tail hmm.

Carl.
Can we see the seat on there, showing the front end of the bike? Trying to get the flow....

Can we see the seat on there, showing the front end of the bike? Trying to get the flow....
Booyah

a quick and dirty paint.net edit, close but not quite there, needs to be a little more raised in the back.

Obviously I don't have the hardware to do this correctly so I mocked it up with a lucky seven seat post stuck into the og post top...

Carl.

Last edited:
Booyah

a quick and dirty paint.net edit, close but not quite there, needs to be a little more raised in the back.

Obviously I don't have the hardware to do this correctly so I mocked it up with a lucky seven seat post stuck into the og post top...

Carl.
Definitely gives it a little bit of a "flair" to the bike. Wondering if the traditional point forward would accentuate the frame dimension, along with the squared back end and the rear of the saddle...?...and, how do the seat rails (sissy bar) change the look...or is this a "floating saddle"...:shake::nod: Could go either way...

Was definitely a "what if" kind of idea...
My thoughts this morning have me going in a different direction.

Carl.

Man there's a lot of stuff keeping me busy and not working on this bike...
Like that guitar there, it got polished today... and the grr-RAT-ified bike got a new seat post and I cleaned up the white bow pedals (not shown) and stripped the chainguard. I also tore apart my clothes dryer and figured out what was wrong and fixed it... good thing I've got almost 3 months to go!

Carl.

and.... ok so I'm gonna build a dunk tank frame real soon, just gotta get some 2x4's. I've also got apes on the way (thanks ChicagoMuscleGuy) to splice me up a set of butterfly rams (can't wait). I'm also officially letting you all know I've got a cool option I'm adding to this bike but I'm keeping it secret for a while. :bandit: Arrgh it's driving me nuts I can't keep a secret long!!!

Carl.

Back