(Class 1 MBBO#4) Cycledelic - seat fabric lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing I'll try is this Tiki dude I've been hanging on too...

Upright in third gear...

Looks cool to me... a little heavy, as it's made of resin...
Good for now but I'm gonna keep looking for a little guitar...

Carl.

No wooden parts on a muscle bike. Nice on cruisers, but no, just not for me...

Carl.

Last edited:
With that long of an arm will defintly need to keep it light. Ran into a fellow rat rodder recently who used an 8 ball on a shifter and he said it was always shifting because of the weight.

With that long of an arm will defintly need to keep it light. Ran into a fellow rat rodder recently who used an 8 ball on a shifter and he said it was always shifting because of the weight.
Mini pool balls would work. I used the 8ball years back on a rat rod turn signal. Was thinking of threading the 12 and 9 ball for my build, but the purple is too grape.

f34bfadc12b53b2fdf50ea4efd8cbba4.jpg

Building... riding...

Pool balls are a classic shifter knob, and always look good. I've seen the Tiki done before too as well as Rat Fink and Von Dutch items (I'm still gassing 4 a Von Dutch eyeball o_O) but what I really want is something Cycledelic... The guitar fits me but maybe not the bike unless I can find something Jimi... That long shifter is surprisingly stable, but it needs a boot bad. The arm connection is ugly, (nuts n bolts and cotter pins) so I need to get on that... I still need to connect the thing and test the hub/shifter combo! (even tho they were originally together...)

Carl.

Just got back from a little 4 mile shake down ride. Cycledelic shifts fine and the range is very usable, 1st is super easy should make the hills on our local bike trail a piece of cake, 2nd is nice for an easy cruising speed and if you slide back in the seat and push it, the bike will wheelie! 3rd is the top gear for kickin' it and felt good.
The bad news... whoever welded the BB hacked it and the whole thing is twisted just a bit. It's not square to the frame. I may be able to find a dished rear gear to help the chain line or a teflon pad to stick inside the frame to realign the chain, but either way it'll be fine, it's just another thing I have to tweak...
I threaded a cable stop from a caliper brake to the frame for the end of the shift cable... found some double cable guides online that will work good, I'm going to see if I can get them locally before I eBay. Here's some cell pics...

Carl.

A week past halfway. Newest punch list. Paint, rear tire, shifter boot, wrap the bars, fab a bracket for the :eek: top secret... continue collecting detail bits...

Carl.

Does anybody have any experience with Map gas? Is it hot enough out of a hand held tank to braize with? I've got some seat patching to do...

Carl.

Does anybody have any experience with Map gas? Is it hot enough out of a hand held tank to braize with? I've got some seat patching to do...

Carl.
I wondered the same thing but the guy at the welding store said no. I would still like to hear from someone else though.

Would love to know more about brazing. Kind of a cross between welding and soldering as I understand it. You probably need a lot of heat as you need to get the parts hot enough to melt the brazing rod I think.

Back