CL WOW...Really?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the description he says it might be '60s and there isn't anything on that bike that would cause it to total up to that much. Nice drum brakes but that does not make it worth a mint. I buy on ebay but really, drum brakes are cheaper if you get them through a shop. Overpriced and overrated. Not meaning to offend anyone but c'mon. Just because it says Schwinn dosen't mean it's gold! I've got a '62 Deluxe American with a real Schwinn springer on it. Woo hoo! I'm not getting more than $100 if I try to sell it on CL. These things are only worth what some one will pay for em. This guy is dreaming. In my opinion.
Sean

Hey, it never hurts to try! :lol:

ya know, if the guy paid to have a professional bead blast the bike, and paid for a professional to powder coat the bike, then took the bike to an expensive bike shop to have the rims respoked, even if the frame was free, at that price, he's probably breaking even. :wink:

we don't think about it much, but if you paid professionals to do what we do, it doesn't come cheap!

Hey Sean I think the reason its so high is because he balanced the wheels.....It probably takes a while, even though I have never done it myself. May be real time consuming... :shock:

I once sold a rattle can flat black and pinstriped Huffy Beach cruiser for $150 on CL. I had $15 into it. a fool and his money are soon parted. :D

I have my red bike on CL for $1400..I'm surprised nobody posted it, saying I'm nuts

Maybe I am nuts, but seeing bikes on Ebay that aren't even close to my bike, in terms of perod correct parts, and the .... near total lack of Chinese repop parts on my bike, made me think mine must be worth at least that much.

Of course, I realy don't expect it to sell. I laugh at the Ebay biddrs....I had it listd once, and it reached $601...What a joke. Maybe I could ship half the bike for that much.

You guys are mean.... those are all my bikes and every one is worth twice what I am askin!! How DARE YOU? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back