CL work stand score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, nice stands!

From years of wrenching, don't get a tool caddy. They end up slowing things down, getting full of, "stuff," and make it top heavy. A tool bench/cart behind you is much more effective.
Just my 2¢ worth.
Nothing wrong in having spear change. Thanks for the info. It makes cense to get a stand to help you out and not make you struggle. That's something to consider if someone is looking into getting there first work stand.
Thanks again "nikeemikey"

Everyone should pick up a bike stand if they work on bikes. Sitting in the duck walk position kills your knees and most do not realize it until years later when they damage is already done. ;)

Everyone should pick up a bike stand if they work on bikes. Sitting in the duck walk position kills your knees and most do not realize it until years later when they damage is already done. ;)
Totaly agree to that statement.. Well worth the investment to get a work stand cuz there's no cheap replacement parts for back and knees..

Hey guys, nice stands!

From years of wrenching, don't get a tool caddy. They end up slowing things down, getting full of, "stuff," and make it top heavy. A tool bench/cart behind you is much more effective.
Just my 2¢ worth.

Working 20 yrs in machine shops I agree, but be careful - flat surfaces accumulate 'stuff' faster than you can turn around......

Southern NH, DR350S, multiple bicycles.....
Thoughts? Suggestions? Jokes?

Has anyone built there own work stand.?
There's probably a post on it but I figure I bring it up here since we're in the subject.
I have one that I built on a steel roller cabinet. I have it in storage and I'll try to pick it up and post some pictures of it. It's so work friendly with storage space to keep your parts in as you brake down your project.

Nice score on the Blackburn stand, especially at such a bargain price. I have used most brands and I've found that model of Blackburn is about the most versatile. It can support more odd ball frames than just about any other brand. The pivot clamp is about the easiest to use of any stand.

My first broke where the 3 tubes are welded at the top. I was happy to get another last summer which is getting out door use and for painting. My Park shop stand is far too heavy to haul out doors. It stays in the basement shop.

Totaly agree to that statement.. Well worth the investment to get a work stand cuz there's no cheap replacement parts for back and knees..

Even with the work stands, I keep a stool or chair handy to spare the knees. The knees and back are plenty sore enough and don't need more abuse.

That's food for thought to have a place to sit or rest while working on your project for a long period time and not abuse the back and knees.
Another good idea is having them thick work place mats that releave stress on your back and knees also. Them real cushy ones..
Matter of fact I need to get one of them cuz that hard concrete does put a tole on my back as it is..

Back