CL find that made my day!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being an old BMX racer from the day I couldn't believe my luck when this popped up on CL Thursday of last week. I was asleep at the wheel because the posting had been on for about a day by the time I saw it. What was listed as an old Diamond Back was in fact a 1987 Hutch Excel. She is rough....even has a sticker from back in the day "friends don't let friends grow mullets". I hate to loose all of that character when I restore her this summer!! I ended up paying $20.00 for it , a Schwinn canti frame, and an old huffy. Just when I thought things were rough...lady luck finally smiled on me!

4504012975_7481ca6e36_b.jpg

4504003535_da0ea0b608_b.jpg

I search Craigslist all the time and found a Haro from the late 80's to early 90's for $30 last week as part of a package deal of 4 bikes.
Car Swap meet this weekend, found 3 bikes for under $20 last year. Bikeman48, Milwaukee Wi.

Yeah...it sure is. The Excel was one of the "lower grade" freestyle bikes from Hutch. I still have my original "lil holeshot" that I raced as a kid, but never thought I would ever find another Hutch frame on the cheap! It was a neat experience.

Coming from fixing up/restoring old cars I am surprised how bad I have been bitten by the bike bug! I have always liked old bikes, but it is amazing how finding an old dilapidated bike can make me feel the same way as I did pulling an old car out of the trees! (but for a lot less money!!) :)

I sure love this forum and learn from it every day! I am always amazed at the super finds showing up here all of the time!

Back