CL find, as WF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same bikes (flightliner/spaceliner) were sold through the Higgins / Western Flyer / Hiawatha / AMC names, couple other brands too maybe, Sears/Higgins seem to be the most common, the other 2 named brands come in at a close second. Usually just something minor changed like the light bezel or the rack.

Spaceliner (or some flavor of it).
The main way to tell the difference between a Spaceliner and Flightliner is the Flightliners don't have the second set of front to back twin cantilever tubes. Instead they have a single tube that only runs from the seat tube forward to the downtube. They both share twin top tubes that run from the front to the drops.

EDIT: Actually some of the Flightliners had twin second tubes. So the main difference is that Flightliner second tubes have a different shape and connect to the downtube rather that the headtube.

It's funny how often the Flightliner/Spaceliner question comes up.

Great bike by the way!!!

Does the seat tube under the top tube have a Sears circle decal on it ? I think I can also make out the for darts on the fork matching the Sears bikes, the WF fork darts are a little different usually. Most times when the Sears Spaceliner and Flightliners shared the same frame (like Kingfish was talking about) the bikes with more paint than chrome were the flightliners, more chrome than paint were usually spaceliners. Sometimes the flightliners were the same but with a plain fork and front rack instead of a springer fork. This is just from personal observations though. I would bet you've got a Sears judging from what I think is left of the decals and a Flightliner model since there is no springer fork. I could be wrong but you've still got a cool bike to play with either way :)

yea, the decal was blacked out in a circle with a magic marker. Looks like sears. I may trade it, who knows? I don't need another middle weight. I need ballooners, since I sold a few to thin the herd. WE'll see what the locals have to barter with...

Spaceliners are one of my favorite frames. As a matter of fact Yoots is hand delivering one to me in a couple of days.

I started a thread to help with the confusion between men's Spaceliners and Flighliners.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=71757&p=694358#p694358

Also, the chaingaurd is a Sears-only part. This is either a Flightliner or base model Spaceliner.

Back