City wide dump day!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a set of forks off a 16'' schwinn stingray chopper im usin for my build worked out great and that's a fat kenda flame tire on ther !
newtank.jpg
1222091748b.jpg

Another city wide dump day and another truckload of bikes.
2010-09-18143242.jpg

This Trek 820 is the only one I am keeping.
2010-09-18223012.jpg

Had a pair of 26" MTBs, a 24" MTB, a matched set of 20" Bratz bikes and a couple 16"s and 12" bikes. Ratfink1962 came out and picked up the ones I didn't want.

Got back to the house to find an 80's Flying O ladies cruiser in the driveway. I used the Flying O to teach my 10 year old daughter how to salvage the good parts off of a bike. She did all the work!

No real treasures so far, all department store bikes- 4 MTB, 4 20", and one little 12".

2011-05-07140727.jpg

2011-05-07140657.jpg

They are letting people drop stuff off for another couple hours, but I gotta go to work so I won't be able to get anything else that shows up until Monday morning. Maybe something good will turn up.

Ratfink1962 said:
And........... ?

I don't know if I should be disappointed or proud of my fellow citizens. All that they threw away this time was a bunch of big box kids bikes. I did manage to pick up a scooter with the cool 12" mags.

That is a majority of the bikes that get donated to the local bike coop. If we added up how many box store bikes get thrown out or donated, it would probably benefit people to buy better bikes in the long run.

udallcustombikes said:
Ratfink1962 said:
And........... ?

I don't know if I should be disappointed or proud of my fellow citizens. All that they threw away this time was a bunch of big box kids bikes. I did manage to pick up a scooter with the cool 12" mags.

I think they are on to you!! 8)

Back