Childhood Search

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I began my search for my first bike a long time ago,..after joining here I had hopes I might find enough information to get ahold of another just like it.
I finally found out the brand and remember a few details., hopefully with that, I can get some feedback on the right one.
Bear in mind I'm only 24, so my first bike was built between 90 and probably 96.,maybe 97.

Its a GIANT, Child's bike, smaller than a 20, but unsure if it was 16".
Its all PURPLE with BLACK Pads that have YELLOW lightening bolts on them.
Id really like to know make and model, maybe a place I can find another.

ANY INFORMATION regarding the above will be looked into and taken into possibility.
Thank you all so much for the place to post, the friends to post with and the knowledge to share.

FZ

Best to search Bikepedia. It is like an online catalog of sorts. It doesn't always have every model from every year. I did a quick search, but didn't see any purple bikes except for girls. http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/

Thanks, the pads themselves may have been purple with lightening bolts on a black bike.. but Im pretty sure it was purple?

More or less if I can narrow down bikes with lightening bolts on the plastic wrapped foam pad/s on it, I think I'll be in good shape.,

I spent many years with an Aircraft mechanic for a dad, a no-show mom and a lot of moving about. I'm amazed I have ANYTHING left from ten years or further back.. Our different paths in life lead us to different places, some of those places had more or less space.. needs.. etc.. My dad wasn't a bicycle guy, he was and IS an airplane guy., my first bike may not have been this one, but its the oldest one I or my Dad can recall.. hes an efficient man, you buy your son a bike he can use., train him on it and move on to the next., selling or donating the others as needed. I grew up in a lot of Apartments, so it doesn't surprise me its not around for me anymore. I moved on to other bikes, and we didn't have the room for my first anymore. If he would have been more into bikes or didn't have me when he was in his mid 40's [making me the youngest and last of his three children.] ..it may have been around for years and riders to come.

It's all good, my man.... you don't have to explain yourself to anyone. I think most folks, at 24, don't have their first bike anymore.... although most of us might wish we'd held onto it!

I spent many years with an Aircraft mechanic for a dad, a no-show mom and a lot of moving about. I'm amazed I have ANYTHING left from ten years or further back.. Our different paths in life lead us to different places, some of those places had more or less space.. needs.. etc.. My dad wasn't a bicycle guy, he was and IS an airplane guy., my first bike may not have been this one, but its the oldest one I or my Dad can recall.. hes an efficient man, you buy your son a bike he can use., train him on it and move on to the next., selling or donating the others as needed. I grew up in a lot of Apartments, so it doesn't surprise me its not around for me anymore. I moved on to other bikes, and we didn't have the room for my first anymore. If he would have been more into bikes or didn't have me when he was in his mid 40's [making me the youngest and last of his three children.] ..it may have been around for years and riders to come.

At your age, You should still own your first bike..
now that is funny. I remember my first 2 bikes. don't remember what brand the first one was, but remember the 2nd was a chrome kent. it was pretty sweet. but I cant say I wish I had it today. now my hutch, or haro sport...

One of the longest running Giant bikes is actually their kids bike called the Animator. I’d start googling there and see what kind of a trail it leads to

My kids had the girls versions and they were covered in stars and stuff so lightning bolts are a real possibility

One of the longest running Giant bikes is actually their kids bike called the Animator. I’d start googling there and see what kind of a trail it leads to

My kids had the girls versions and they were covered in stars and stuff so lightning bolts are a real possibility
That's a great idea! Thank you for the lead!

-R.

Latest posts

Back