CHESTNUT HOLLOW ON AMERICAN PICKERS TONIGHT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Driving through Michigan in a freak spring snowstorm, the prospects look bleak until the guys spot an interesting old Cadillac for sale. With their picking senses twitching, they stop to see what else is on the property. Frank falls hard for a deluxe Model A roadster. But to seal the deal, he's got to talk to the boss and she's not at home! Passionate about revitalizing Detroit's city core, Joel owns an entire neighborhood of 50 adjoining properties, including a 50,000 square foot warehouse that's jam-packed with cool cars, old signs and architectural salvage. It's a picker's dream and the guys dig deep to see what they can uncover. Collecting on a monumental scale, father and son duo Jerry and Jerry's 40-acre property includes a life-size model train town and over 1,000 classic bicycles. The only problem is they've got a hard time selling and their prices are frozen in time! After dropping thousands of dollars on the Model A, Frank faces the appraiser's verdict.

was nice to see it on tv instead of just on my monitor.....
hmmmmmmm.....maybe i could sell my b10 frame that came from there to mike :lol:
ohhh how about that "1931 roadster" i guess they dont know much about classic cars or hotrods for that matter....it had a top and the cowl was a dead give away :roll:

+1 on Frank not being a car guy. The seller wasn't one either. It was drivin' me nuts that they kept calling it a roadster. My wife was less than amused (that's why you love me honey) with my running commentary on the crazy bike stuff and the general automotive ignorance.

It's funny because someone on the BMX Museum who is friends with the younger Jerry posted this direct quote from him...

Many, many years ago my Dad and I met Mike Wolfe, long before "AMERICAN PICKERS." Anyways, last Nov., my X-wife Leanne called them and suggested they visit. (Others did the same.) Producers of the show finally followed up & got in touch sometime in March. We sent tons of pics and then they called back to shore up plans for a visit. The rest is HISTORY!

Like I said in another post though....it's all just for entertainment anyway. :wink:

Those guys had there bikes priced WAY to high :shock: $25,000 for a Bluebird (I think it was) :shock: :shock: To me $6,000 seems like a pretty good price for the Ford compared to internet prices :roll: Probably because I wouldn't buy it to make money :wink:

Great collection of big buck bikes inside, but did you see that shot of the huge pile of rusty frames/carcasses under the shelter roof. I'd be all over those.

SSG said:
Great collection of big buck bikes inside, but did you see that shot of the huge pile of rusty frames/carcasses under the shelter roof. I'd be all over those.

Yeah, they could make a few bucks posting those on ebay, their ID is ''33 Kong" (now I know why!), and their ebay prices aren't terrible. It's when you NEED something rare, then it gets pricey! (just my .02)-Adam

Back